Husqvarna issue

brianf40

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna 21 hp tractor i bought 2 years ago with about 25-35 hours on it. I have noticed last year when airating my lawn that the engine seemed to shake or seem to be struggling with pulling my aerator up a hill that is not to steep. The aerator has 3 hollywood blocks on it to weigh it down. i have also noticed that the other day i was mowing up a hill and if i went to fast the engine seemed to sound like it was shaking or just like it struggled going up the hill. If i leave off the throttle it stops. I did notice that i did not have the mower all the way throttled up but it was really close to 100% throttle. Next time i go out im gonna try and see if i can get it to do it again.

Is it possible I over stressed the engine?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello Brian... & WELCOME to LMF...

21 Hp is more than enough to pull an aerator ... also should be plenty to mow a hill... How has it been doing?... Is there a large difference in performance? :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a Husqvarna 21 hp tractor i bought 2 years ago with about 25-35 hours on it. I have noticed last year when airating my lawn that the engine seemed to shake or seem to be struggling with pulling my aerator up a hill that is not to steep. The aerator has 3 hollywood blocks on it to weigh it down. i have also noticed that the other day i was mowing up a hill and if i went to fast the engine seemed to sound like it was shaking or just like it struggled going up the hill. If i leave off the throttle it stops. I did notice that i did not have the mower all the way throttled up but it was really close to 100% throttle. Next time i go out im gonna try and see if i can get it to do it again.

Is it possible I over stressed the engine?

Very unlikely you would overstress the engine...may I suggest you check to see if your throttle linkage might possibly be sticking or out of adjustment, so even if you have the lever full throttle the engine might not be getting that full throttle? I owned a car about fifteen years ago that seemed to lack power, while checking it out I found the accelerator pedal bracket was bent so even when given full throttle the engine didn't respond as it should.

Is your air filter element clean? Fuel filter recently changed? Fuel you are using fresh? By the way, would you please define "hollywood blocks....."? Thanks.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello Brian... & WELCOME to LMF...

21 Hp is more than enough to pull an aerator ... also should be plenty to mow a hill... How has it been doing?... Is there a large difference in performance? :smile:KennyV

I just gave the man FOUR possible causes his tractor might be down on power, and of course it was JUST TO INFLATE MY POST COUNT....

Did you suggest ANYTHING? No....

benski

Threads
Is a hollywood block a block of holly wood ?

reddragon

Lawn Addict
Threads
sounds like a carb issue or maybe a misfire