Buying Advice Husqvarna HU .vs HD

sunspot

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am looking at a new walk behind mower. I keep seeing references online about a HU series but nothing at the Husqvarna site. What are the difference between the HU and the HD?
Is there such a thing as a 800 series with blade brake, side discharge and large rear wheels?

dougwin

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought an HU800AWD in March and I must say it is extremely capable for covering a large lawn with steep hills. The AWD really pulls you along at a good clip, even up hill. Doesn't get bogged down in tall grass. Honda 190cc engine always starts easily. Mower is a bit heavy for maneuvering around trees, so try to mow out and back when you can. Pulls even over rough terrain without big wheels. Sometimes I lift the front or rear wheels and engage AWD to get out of a really tight spot and it just pulls itself right out. No blade brake clutch but restarts with one easy pull whether cold or hot, so not much of an issue for me. If your lawn is level and flat you can probably get by with a cheaper mower, but I was considering upgrading to a commercial-grade mower until I saw this one and decided to give it a try. So far I am very pleased with it.

lzn197

Threads
I bought an HU800AWD in March and I must say it is extremely capable for covering a large lawn with steep hills. The AWD really pulls you along at a good clip, even up hill. Doesn't get bogged down in tall grass. Honda 190cc engine always starts easily. Mower is a bit heavy for maneuvering around trees, so try to mow out and back when you can. Pulls even over rough terrain without big wheels. Sometimes I lift the front or rear wheels and engage AWD to get out of a really tight spot and it just pulls itself right out. No blade brake clutch but restarts with one easy pull whether cold or hot, so not much of an issue for me. If your lawn is level and flat you can probably get by with a cheaper mower, but I was considering upgrading to a commercial-grade mower until I saw this one and decided to give it a try. So far I am very pleased with it.

How is this mower doing? Everything holding up with it? Not looking to buy but just curious about a machine that is a little different.
Thanks.

dougwin

Forum Newbie
Threads
How is this mower doing? Everything holding up with it? Not looking to buy but just curious about a machine that is a little different.
Thanks.

Still working well. Washout port works well, keeping underside of deck clear of grass. I keep the cutting height relatively high (6 or 7 of 9) over rough terrain and it covers ground smoothly and still keeps the grass at a good height.