husqvarna help

ccrider

Forum Newbie
Threads
i am new to this forum, looks great. i have a husqvarna yth2242t mower. it has around 175 hours on it.
last couple of weeks it has not been pulling as hard, almost seems like the trans is slipping. i know the manual says you cant check transmission. but is there any way i can check or change fluid level. or could there be something else wrong.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Husqvarna Forum. :smile:

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
i am new to this forum, looks great. i have a husqvarna yth2242t mower. it has around 175 hours on it.
last couple of weeks it has not been pulling as hard, almost seems like the trans is slipping. i know the manual says you cant check transmission. but is there any way i can check or change fluid level. or could there be something else wrong.
If it is anything like an automatic transmission on a car, it could be the torque converter slipping, and if it is that, it shouldn't be happening with only 175 hours on it...

Perhaps some fluid (such as engine oil of fuel) has gotten into the components.

webuyanymower.com

Threads
Hi
Sad to say it will almost certainly be the fluid level in the transaxle they do need to be topped up it is not a job you can do yourself take it to your Husqvarna dealer and let him sort it.

You might want to get a quote first........:eek:

benski

Threads
:eek: A dealer has to check the level?

webuyanymower.com

Threads
There are no level or drain plugs on the unit. It will need to come out and be split to refill it. I would not recommend doing this on the garage floor.

tx7

Threads
It is probably the traction belt. It runs from the engine to the transaxle. If the belt is good check the bell crank that tentions the belt.

mowitall.cl

Threads
I am a dealer and some insight to the problem. The hydro transmission is a basic pump. The only way it stops working as well is it looses pressure. If it was a fluid only problem it would do the same cold as well. When a hydro pulls good when cold but starts getting worse as it gets hot or under a load that means the pump is bypassing the pressure whether around a seal or gasket or around casing if part is wore. The only other things to check external would be hydro belt slipping. If do the belt will look crusty, crystalized, or burnt. If so check wich side of belt and also check corresponding pulleys in hydro drive idler system generally will be flat side for back of belt and v idler if inside. New hydro will be 400-600 not counting labor. Athenslawn.com