Husqvarna electric clutch nuts adjustment

bellc1

Threads
So how the heck do you know how much to turn the three nuts on the electric clutch?

I changed the belt and didn't know the three nuts were really an adjustment. Now my mower won't brake (minor issue) but also won't disengage the PTO when fully depressed.

I have the instructions in the manual for how to adjust the brake pedal but it says nothing about how to adjust the factory electric clutch on this Husqvarna/Craftsman mower. I've heard I use a feeler guage through slots between the plates but I don't see slots on this OEM clutch.

Help! And thanks!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lays start with a model # so we know what mower your talking about

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

bellc1

Threads
Lays start with a model # so we know what mower your talking about

I cannot believe I forgot that. I never forget. Apparently the Alzheimers is kickin' in early.

Husqvarna YTH2042 with a Kohler 20HP engine.

Clutch part number (it's still OEM) is a "Clutch Ogura" Husky #532 18 05-05

Threads
So how the heck do you know how much to turn the three nuts on the electric clutch?

I changed the belt and didn't know the three nuts were really an adjustment. Now my mower won't brake (minor issue) but also won't disengage the PTO when fully depressed.

I have the instructions in the manual for how to adjust the brake pedal but it says nothing about how to adjust the factory electric clutch on this Husqvarna/Craftsman mower. I've heard I use a feeler guage through slots between the plates but I don't see slots on this OEM clutch.

Help! And thanks!
Behind each of those 3 nuts is a horozontal slot, those are the inspection/adjustment ports , yes you will need a .017 feeler guage & a 14mm spanner/socket & either wind each nut equally in or out until you can fit the feeler guage between the 2 plates, the air gap must be equal at each inspection/adjustment port.

bellc1

Threads
Thanks for the reply.

I put a feeler guage and adjusted all to .014 which is within the specified range so I think everything with the clutch is okay because the PTO properly disengages through the pull knob on the dash.

The problem that remains is that when the pedal is depressed the clutch remains engaged and there is no braking. That would be no issue if I never stopped but I have 6' deep ditches on three sides of the yard ...