Mower deck Husqvarna anti-sway rod

I was thinking of making a 2X4 deck with caster wheels in it to take out and install mower decks. any suggestions or just slide it out on 2X4's? Right now I use cardboard and my arm.

If the skid plates are in good condition it will slide out happily on the 2x4's it is just to give yo a smooth sliding surface and allow the anti scalp wheels to clear the ground.
 
Wow... I never considered the anti-scalp wheels. Too many stupid distractions. I am going to get 2X4's and sand them a bit. I am starting to learn I need to use more mechanics and save my body. Thank you for saving me money and time!
 
You learn real quick when you start heaving 61" fabricated decks.
FWIW I now have a yard crane so I drive the mowers up to it. Slip the 2x4"s under the deck & uncouple the deck. Them I lift the mower up well clear of the deck .
I put some hooks on the bottom of some old broken D shovel handles ( good thing I never throw any thing out ) and use these to drag the deck clear. No back bending !!!

With the mower at about 45 deg I get in with the long (4' ) air duster and blow all the crud out. check the drive belt & pulleys, lube all the joints then drop the mower and suck out the oil.
 
I wanted to makes something with caster wheels to lie the heavy deck on and move it right into place. I found these small 3 wheels caster plates that dip down and
and they fit great on the gauge wheels. they each hold 250 US pounds. great around the shop. I think they are called "Move It!" I believe. Saving my back! thanks for the inspiration!
 
Back
Top