Engine Husqvarna 650-6 ride on

groundskeeperwilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi chaps, bought a husqvarna 650-6 last week and it was running briefly when I picked it up. Got it back had to fabricate an air intake as there wasnt one and now I can only get it to fire off easy start but only for a second or two. Now im pretty sure the problem is the fuel isnt getting through as theres good compression and a decent spark. air intakes clear. the problem is i dont really understand how the carb system works with the cable running for the throttle and the two rods off the engine case with the spring. can anyone help me?

Cheers

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Post your engine numbers so we know which setup you have.

groundskeeperwilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Found some numbers under the seat, has model number as 26600000, serial number as 410730 and code as 9109. Having had a better look over the weekend I think i need a new carb as looks like the end of the mixture screw has been broken off inside and it looks like this could be causing it to not let air in as the fuel should flow out.

Any help on sourcing parts would be very much appreciated

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is a decal or tag on the engine. That is the numbers we need. I doubt that the mixture screw is broke off, unless you have any older unit. Post those numbers along with let us know how mechanically inclined you are. This will help us recommending the direction to go.

groundskeeperwilly

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've managed to fix the problem, scavenged the carb off an old pit bike I had. A lot simpler having a choke built into the carb and not pivoting off the engine in the strange way it was.