Husqvarna 580 BTS Blower Issue

RyanSteppingStone

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I'm hoping for some help with my blower. It's a Husqvarna 580 BTS Mark 2. I can't get it to start. I have tried a few things. I have replaced the fuel filter, replaced the spark plug, put a new air filter in, put in a brand new carburetor. I have checked all connections and the two fuel lines. I am confident the fuel is good since all of our other equipment has used it and didn't seem to have any issues. It does start up with starter fluid, which i would assume means the ignition module is still good. Anyone have any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
See page 12 in Operators Manual, bottom left, 90 octane min. unleaded ethanol gasoline..

RyanSteppingStone

Forum Newbie
Threads
I appreciate your opinion however I currently have 17 other blowers, 26 string trimmers, hedgers and chainsaws all using the same fuel and haven't had this problem in the past so I doubt fuel is the issue. Thank you though.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I appreciate your opinion however I currently have 17 other blowers, 26 string trimmers, hedgers and chainsaws all using the same fuel and haven't had this problem in the past so I doubt fuel is the issue. Thank you though.
How old is it? About how many hours on blower?
Possibly one of the fuel lines has small hole and not allowing fuel to be pulled into carburetor correctly. Check fuel filter/clean/replace. Just curious if you are running all Husqvarna on your blowers and trimmers, or a variety of brands?

RyanSteppingStone

Forum Newbie
Threads
How old is it? About how many hours on blower?
Possibly one of the fuel lines has small hole and not allowing fuel to be pulled into carburetor correctly. Check fuel filter/clean/replace. Just curious if you are running all Husqvarna on your blowers and trimmers, or a variety of brands?
It's about two years old. I don't have a clue how many hours are on it, I don't keep hour meters on them. It is in very good shape though, it lives on a rack on our trailer and is kept indoors in inclement weather and on the weekends. The primer seems to work well and has good resistance when I press it, seems to build pressure. I did replace the fuel filter. All of our blowers are Husqvarna 580 BTS mark 2. Our hand equipment is Echo.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not my opinion, your Husqvarna Operators Manual posted above has this information. Stihl, Echo, Husqvarna Outdoor Power Equipment all state 90 plus octane ethanol gasoline. Engine fuel systems today are engineered to run on ethanol gasoline, not ethanol free, 100% gas, or otherwise, hence problems. OEM Parts are the same, throwing cheap Non - OEM Parts at expensive equipment will also create problems.. Your equipment your choice, just here to help, thanks Mark .

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Not my opinion, your Husqvarna Operators Manual posted above has this information. Stihl, Echo, Husqvarna Outdoor Power Equipment all state 90 plus octane ethanol gasoline. Engine fuel systems today are engineered to run on ethanol gasoline, not ethanol free, 100% gas, or otherwise, hence problems. OEM Parts are the same, throwing cheap Non - OEM Parts at expensive equipment will also create problems.. Your equipment your choice, just here to help, thanks Mark .
I run 87 gas with 10% ethanol in all my equipment, no problems. Keep the gas fresh (less than 60 days old).

If you replaced original Zama or Walbro carburetor with an aftermarket one, do not throw away original carburetor. Try to take apart original carburetor, clean thoroughly, and replace metering diaphragm, and make sure tiny screen in carburetor is letting fuel through needle and seat at good flow. Could also be air leak somewhere.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Husqvarna/Zenoah GZ76N Powerblower

Probably going to be the carburetor. It is needing a good cleaning and a repair kit install or replaced.

Walbro WYA-237-1(A) superseded to WYA-155-1
Husqvarna PN 581177001

Repair Kit K20WYA (WYA-237-1) and if you have the WYA-155-1 K21-WYA. These are full kits including metering lever and needle valve. The Husqvarna kits are just the gaskets and diaphragms. Just be careful not to be using the new E15 fuels as these kits are only good to E10.

And when comes to fuel mix it is best to use a Pro mix (multimix) oil with fuel stabilizer.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Pull your carb off the engine but leave the fuel lines connected
Blow air through the carb & check for a good strong fuel spray out the other side
Check the muffler for build up of carbon on the spark arrestor screen
Pull the muffler and check for piston scoring