Husqvarna 223L "hanger" and other questions

MisterEdF

Threads
#1) Is it safe to hang this trimmer on the wall (like you see them hanging in Lowes or Home Depot on display) with the engine up and partially or fully filled with gas? Seems like the only logical way to do it but the guy in HD said I should empty all the gas out first. That would be a REAL PITA.

#2) Is there some secret easy way to remove the string holder cover? I find it VERY VERY hard to squeeze the 2 "clips" on the sides to pop off the cover. Took me like 15 minutes to get it off. Besides the tightness I have arthritis in my thumbs which makes it quite painful to squeeze. I'm hoping the clips will "soften" a bit after a while but now it is VERY hard to squeeze them (even without the pain).

TnHusky

Threads
#1) Is it safe to hang this trimmer on the wall (like you see them hanging in Lowes or Home Depot on display) with the engine up and partially or fully filled with gas? Seems like the only logical way to do it but the guy in HD said I should empty all the gas out first. That would be a REAL PITA.

#2) Is there some secret easy way to remove the string holder cover? I find it VERY VERY hard to squeeze the 2 "clips" on the sides to pop off the cover. Took me like 15 minutes to get it off. Besides the tightness I have arthritis in my thumbs which makes it quite painful to squeeze. I'm hoping the clips will "soften" a bit after a while but now it is VERY hard to squeeze them (even without the pain).

Mister Ed, I'm sorry I can't answer question #1 but on #2 it might pay you to invest on of those ends that has the thick string on the end that last a long time such as this.
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4735692031262842&pid=15.1

MisterEdF

Threads
Mister Ed, I'm sorry I can't answer question #1 but on #2 it might pay you to invest on of those ends that has the thick string on the end that last a long time such as this.
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4735692031262842&pid=15.1
Interesting, thanks. I've seen "infomercials" for these things years ago but always thought they were a gimmick. As soon as the included spool runs out I might give it a try. Amazon gives it decent reviews (for the "pro" model of this brand).

Still want to know if I can hang it on the wall. :) Guess I'll know soon because it is hanging.