husquarvana Zero turn

doublechevy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Model 965880401 Zero turn It recently broke the drive belt for the transaxles I brought to my dealer he replaced it but has been unable to get the unit running again. He took it to another dealer he was also unable to repair it It will not move other than at a snails pace. they say they are baffled. this is not an old unit purchased 06/2010 has only 32 hrs of mowing I replaced the drive belt again because it looked like the one they put on was slipping It still does not move and the new belt also looks like it is slipping when you try to engage the transaxles Any help out there ::

TnHusky

Threads
I have a Model 965880401 Zero turn It recently broke the drive belt for the transaxles I brought to my dealer he replaced it but has been unable to get the unit running again. He took it to another dealer he was also unable to repair it It will not move other than at a snails pace. they say they are baffled. this is not an old unit purchased 06/2010 has only 32 hrs of mowing I replaced the drive belt again because it looked like the one they put on was slipping It still does not move and the new belt also looks like it is slipping when you try to engage the transaxles Any help out there ::

This whole deal sounds fishy to me. Your dealer should be able to tell you that the drive is going south or the linkage needs adjusted or something. With only 32 hrs on the clock it couldn't be much unless it locked up from rust.

doublechevy

Forum Newbie
Threads
This whole deal sounds fishy to me. Your dealer should be able to tell you that the drive is going south or the linkage needs adjusted or something. With only 32 hrs on the clock it couldn't be much unless it locked up from rust.

Nothing fishy about this thread... The dealer were I purchased unit is no longer in buisness It is not seized from rust unit has been kept indoors all of the time. Like I said i was using the mower when the belt broke..Tonight I removed the mower deck belt and clutch so I could remove the drive pulley for the transmissions. Inspected pulley could find nothing wrong with it reinstall all components did not run and check yet. I read in the owners manual that the transmissions may be air locked and required purging.. Could not find purging instructions in the manual Does anybody know how to purge the system? How is it possible for both drives to go south at the same time... Does anybody has instructions to adjust linkages ?

doublechevy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Nothing fishy about this thread... The dealer were I purchased unit is no longer in buisness It is not seized from rust unit has been kept indoors all of the time. Like I said i was using the mower when the belt broke..Tonight I removed the mower deck belt and clutch so I could remove the drive pulley for the transmissions. Inspected pulley could find nothing wrong with it reinstall all components did not run and check yet. I read in the owners manual that the transmissions may be air locked and required purging.. Could not find purging instructions in the manual Does anybody know how to purge the system? How is it possible for both drives to go south at the same time... Does anybody has instructions to adjust linkages ?

Follow up to original post Solved problem today. and mowed lawn

When the Dealer replaced the drive belt he installed it incorrectly with the tensioner and spring to the left side of the frame in that position the belt was to tight loading the the transmissions and causing the belt to slip. The correct position is to the right side of the frame The second Dealer did not catch that the tensioner was not installed correctly and even after they changed both transmissions could not get the machine running they gave up on it. It would have helped greatly if Husqavarna had an illustration of belt routing in the owners manual or parts manual, they show the deck belt routing but not the transmission drive belt