Husky YTH 2242 grass clogging

mowerdave

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello, im looking at a husky YTH2242 with the fabricated deck. But have read some reviews that it gets easily clogged with grass. Any thoughts?

LandN

Threads
Hello, im looking at a husky YTH2242 with the fabricated deck. But have read some reviews that it gets easily clogged with grass. Any thoughts?

if the negative clogging reviews are holding you back from buying this tractor that you otherwise like,then(imo) i would buy it anyway and stay out of the deep wet grass while cutting.you may have to experiment with different types of blades.again,cut often and dont let the grass get too long and too wet. on my latest mower i bought, i thought i was going to have a bad clogging issue with the underside of the deck design,and to find out it has been no real problem for me.some people use fluid film or similar products with mixed reviews on that. so i take reviews and comments lightly.common sense goes a long way. regular underside deck cleaning and blade sharpening (imo)should be a routine anyway. oh yea welcome to the forum:laughing: