Export thread

Husky iz4817

K

Kega

Hoping someone can help? I have a 2006 Husky with a 17 hp Kawasaki and something got down into the engine cover and imploded the housing. The local dealer was able to get running but unable to locate a housing and the only option he is giving me is to repower the machine to the tune of $1400 or get a new machine. Looking for engine cover 59066-7024 with no success from the interwebs, Lot of speculation that the part supercedes to 59066-7037-can anyone verify this or does anyone have an old Kawasaki motor lying around to buy parts off? This thing is an absolute beast in my yard and seems a shame to get rid of because i cannot cool it off! Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

B

bertsmobile1

I presume that is the before photo
Blower housings & fans can be plastic welded
Have done it many times on housings and once on a fan.

StarTech

StarTech

Just note this available for than the image shows it at different vendors. Just showing the supersedes.

59066-7034.JPG

K

Kega

I presume that is the before photo
Blower housings & fans can be plastic welded
Have done it many times on housings and once on a fan.
Unfortunately this is a web photo.....not enough of the parts to plastiweld back together!

K

Kega

Just note this available for than the image shows it at different vendors. Just showing the supersedes.

View attachment 52560
Have not been able to verify whether this is a true super ceded part number-the dealership that has it has not seen any notes from Husky!

B

bertsmobile1

I like people who do jobs properly .
Chase it up through Kawasaki not Husqvarna
Right now Kawasaki is having big problems supplying parts due to Covid-19.
They also have problems with their warehouse softwear that tags parts NLA if they have zero stock
I have just been on this merry go round looking for a FS651 con rod.
NLA everywhere for a part on a current engine so a verbal check with the distributor confirmed that they have 33 on order for when the factory resumes production
That is probably rep speak for " we can't get them from our supplier in China "