Export thread

Huqvarna 125BT Backpack Blower Questions

G

Guggenheim24

I got 2 questions for this machine:
1. Years ago, before I got into wrenching on engines and became mechanically inclined, my dad always said to never prime the engine on this blower, because it formed a leak, and to only choke it when cold. A few months ago, it came up in conversation. Now that I'm more mechanically inclined, I searched the internet high and low for a rebuild kit, but just couldn't find one. I forgot about it over the winter, but just remembered about it when I saw this website. So, is there one out there I just haven't seen that you guys may? Or is there really no rebuilt kit for a 125BT out there?
2. When looking at the carb today, I noticed there are no adjusting screws, just one for the idle speed. Now, if you guys somehow find a rebuild kit, and I can rebuild it, it might need adjustment, but I don't see any screws to do so. Are they hiding somewhere? Or are there purposefully none there thanks to the wonderful EPA? Answers to both questions are appreciated. Thanks.

B

bertsmobile1

Husqvana use RuZing carbs ( think they own them ) on a lot of their hand helds.
There are no rebuild kits available for them just replacement carbs.
To rebuild them you will need 2 gasket kits, a Walbro & a Zama as they use the metering diaphragm from one & the pump diaphragm from the other.
RU1 & RU 2 gasket kits are available from the gasket makers in China but they come in 1000 unit lots of each item.

G

Guggenheim24

So, can these carburetors be adjusted? If not, can I replace it with a carburetor that can both be rebuilt if need be and be adjusted? Or is this ruZing carburetor the only one that can go on it? Thanks.

B

bertsmobile1

Mostly new carbs have non adjustable jets, EPA strikes again.
There are thousands of them because every impliment ever made uses a different variation of basically the same carb.

G

Guggenheim24

There are thousands of them because every impliment ever made uses a different variation of basically the same carb.
So does that mean I could find an aftermarket carb that would fit my 125bt backpack blower and still run properly and be adjustable? If so, where could i find one?