HRR216 auto choke linkage?

kge4166

Threads
A neighbor gave me an HRR216VLA that’s not running. It will start with some help= ether. He said the carb is new and it looks it. Don’t think it’s a Honda carb. I have been reading up on the auto choke and my question is; the part that is closest to the block that the wax cartridge comes in contact with has no linkage going from it, to the choke. Should there be something there? If not could someone explain how the choke is set when there is nothing interacting with it. Thanks, Keith

Last edited:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
If no wires for electric it operates by heat . I was hoping they would never make those after the 1960's

kge4166

Threads
If no wires for electric it operates by heat . I was hoping they would never make those after the 1960's
The more I looked at it it seems like the wrong carb. Watched a few videos and looked at photos of the correct one and the ‘choke’ area of the two are different. Have a Honda carb coming and that will hopefully clear things up.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
A neighbor gave me an HRR216VLA that’s not running. It will start with some help= ether. He said the carb is new and it looks it. Don’t think it’s a Honda carb. I have been reading up on the auto choke and my question is; the part that is closest to the block that the wax cartridge comes in contact with has no linkage going from it, to the choke. Should there be something there? If not could someone explain how the choke is set when there is nothing interacting with it. Thanks, Keith
On a Honda with a thermowax choke system, there is a mechanism that pushes the choke butterfly open as the engine heats up. If it is missing it will never run. Order an aftermarket carburetor by model number of engine (ie: GCV160).

kge4166

Threads
On a Honda with a thermowax choke system, there is a mechanism that pushes the choke butterfly open as the engine heats up. If it is missing it will never run. Order an aftermarket carburetor by model number of engine (ie: GCV160).
Comparing the two carbs, the one that was on it when given to me has the choke butterfly open when at rest and nothing to push against. The one I purchased has the choke butterfly closed at rest and the choke actuator makes contact with the top of the choke spindle.