HR215 SXA shaft driven 3 speed transmission inoperable

rcordell59

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / HR215 SXA shaft driven 3 speed transmission inoperable
Please help me get myself propelled mower working again! Problem started with left rear wheel (on my left standing behind the mower) dragging when stopped to change directions. It still worked until the cable broke.

I have now replaced both rear wheels, both ratchets at rear wheels, and both wheel adjusters.

I have tried adjusting the cable which did not help. I checked the drive shaft and it is spinning the shaft coming out of the transmission.

Any ideas?

Any

tadawson

Threads
That mower is solid axle, so no way the trans can drag one side and not the other.

The easy mistake is getting the sides swapped, or possibly in ypur case, not getting an appropriate left and right. The shaft runs in the adjuster bearing, and the rest are in the wheels.

If the cable failure is not letting the trans engage, I would think that would be cable adjustment and nothing else - these really isn't anything in the trans that could shift out of place due to a break. If the output shaft *is* turning, then you have left/right reversed.

Last edited:

rcordell59

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the reply.

One side dragging probably had to do with one wheel being broken and the pin was missing on that side. I found this when I was dropping the transmission to replace the cable.

I will check the rear wheel ratchets to see if I have the left and right reversed. I bought the ratchets as left and right package.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200530-184529.png
    Screenshot_20200530-184529.png
    725 KB · Views: 8

rcordell59

Forum Newbie
Threads
@tadawson Thanks for the input. I switched left/right wheel ratchets and now it works like it's supposed to!!

tadawson

Threads
Wonderful!