Export thread

hows this for not looking down

L

LandN

last year i bought a good sears leaf blower to replace my yearly 'throw-a-ways' and had real good performance with it . so in (dec.'10)i took it in to sears to have an issue fixed and as usual they fixed the problem with no fuss.awesome. so for the remainder of '10/'11 winter season i never checked to see if the blower ran,just took their word for it. so a few weeks back i was going to start the blower up for the '11 spring season and blow off the driveway(not really wanting to, but just to kill a few minuites) so the blower doesn't start... the choke wont stay on...so a few cuss words later and off to sears i go to bring it in for a "look see' a few days later the repair tech calls my house and informs me that i have to take the 'cruise control' off for the choke to set.OMG did i feel stupid as hell "CRUISE CONTROL" on a leaf blower, i never used it and forgot that it was even a feature item on the blower.boy did i feel dumb,so back to sears and pick up my beloved blower with my sunglasses on and hat pulled down walking in complete shame that i could have overlooked the cruise button starting the blower......well i'll just make the excuss that i'm still getting used to these bi-focal glasses and the cruise button was fuzzy:laughing:

mystreba

mystreba

last year i bought a good sears leaf blower to replace my yearly 'throw-a-ways' and had real good performance with it . so in (dec.'10)i took it in to sears to have an issue fixed and as usual they fixed the problem with no fuss.awesome. so for the remainder of '10/'11 winter season i never checked to see if the blower ran,just took their word for it. so a few weeks back i was going to start the blower up for the '11 spring season and blow off the driveway(not really wanting to, but just to kill a few minuites) so the blower doesn't start... the choke wont stay on...so a few cuss words later and off to sears i go to bring it in for a "look see' a few days later the repair tech calls my house and informs me that i have to take the 'cruise control' off for the choke to set.OMG did i feel stupid as hell "CRUISE CONTROL" on a leaf blower, i never used it and forgot that it was even a feature item on the blower.boy did i feel dumb,so back to sears and pick up my beloved blower with my sunglasses on and hat pulled down walking in complete shame that i could have overlooked the cruise button starting the blower......well i'll just make the excuss that i'm still getting used to these bi-focal glasses and the cruise button was fuzzy:laughing:

I'd have totally cussed the guy out for leaving the cruise control on last December. The best defense is a good offense!

L

LandN

I'd have totally cussed the guy out for leaving the cruise control on last December. The best defense is a good offense!

That would be me:ashamed::confused2::frown:probably got pushed 'on' during winter garage storage and something got up against it and triggered it. wasn't sears fault

BKBrown

BKBrown

Does cruise control mean you can start it up and sit back while it does the work ????:biggrin: :thumbsup: :cool2:

JDgreen

JDgreen

Does cruise control mean you can start it up and sit back while it does the work ????:biggrin: :thumbsup: :cool2:

I would call it a throttle lock not a cruise control. If I recall right, several of my gas powered leaf blowers and at least one chain saw have that throttle lock feature.

L

LandN

I would call it a throttle lock not a cruise control. If I recall right, several of my gas powered leaf blowers and at least one chain saw have that throttle lock feature.

by sears words not mine. however its worded i still never used it. i prefer to trigger my own variable speed.:thumbsup::biggrin: