Howdy from Nebraska!

Zoro

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy folks! My name is Michael Hill, I live in Falls City, Nebraska. I just picked up an older "Dynastar 10" lawn tractor and was wondering who makes this thing? Ive owned a John Deere 175 Hydro, 38" cut for a couple years now and was given this Dynastar afew days ago when the folks who owned it moved away. Darn thing fired right up after sitting for more than a year under a tarp in the PO's back yard! He said its got the same gas in it had when he was sold the tractor more than 2 yrs ago! Anyway, I was wondering what some of the lawn tractor experts have to share about who made them and how mechanically sound they are? :biggrin: Here's some pics. The PO had it painted in the JD colors, I thought it was a JD until I pulled the tarp off of it!

Attachments

• Pictures 781.jpg
    Pictures 781.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Pictures 782.jpg
    Pictures 782.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Pictures 783.jpg
    Pictures 783.jpg
    263.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Pictures 789.jpg
    Pictures 789.jpg
    229.6 KB · Views: 12

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
It looks like that muffler sure must bark. What are you going to do with it?

Zoro

Forum Newbie
Threads
It looks like that muffler sure must bark. What are you going to do with it?
I'm going to restore/run it like a rented mule! :wink: Ive read that its rather rare and that parts are impossible to locate or purchase. It runs like a top! The only thing wrong with it is the blade disengage lever doesnt work and the blades rotate regardless of the lever position, YIKES! And the obvious seat issue. I think a new belt and some tlc will solve the blade engagement problem along with a new seat and shes ready to cut! It seems that the AMF corporation, (the same corp. that rescued Harley Davidson in the 70's) had them built by the "Dynamax Corp" in or near Chicago, Illinois back in the mid 70's. Thats all good with me because My bikes a 1979 U.S. made Kawasaki KZ-1000, my trucks a 1972 Chevy C-10, and now this old beast! "I Love the 70's!" :wink: Thanks for reply's! PS. the muffler is hollow! Shes quite loud! Maybe a chrome side pipe or stack?

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should be able to find any engine parts you need. The chassis parts maybe after market. Like mower blades,bearings,seals, seat, MUFFLER. The odd parts I would say look for a mower salvage yard and buy used.