How to remove clutch assembly on Toro Z Master

blaix

Forum Newbie
I have a Toro Z Master Z150 zero turn mower and I need to get the clutch off. I removed the bolt from the shaft and the lower portion came off (the pulley that drives the deck belt) but everything above that won't budge. I've tried giving it some force (even used a bit of force with a crow bar) and it still won't budge. Am I missing something or do I just need to give it more force? I don't want to cause more damage than is already there.
 
I have a Toro Z Master Z150 zero turn mower and I need to get the clutch off. I removed the bolt from the shaft and the lower portion came off (the pulley that drives the deck belt) but everything above that won't budge. I've tried giving it some force (even used a bit of force with a crow bar) and it still won't budge. Am I missing something or do I just need to give it more force? I don't want to cause more damage than is already there.


A thread a few days ago about PTO removal trouble recommended PB Blaster...spray it on and let it do the work.
 
I have a Toro Z Master Z150 zero turn mower and I need to get the clutch off. I removed the bolt from the shaft and the lower portion came off (the pulley that drives the deck belt) but everything above that won't budge. I've tried giving it some force (even used a bit of force with a crow bar) and it still won't budge. Am I missing something or do I just need to give it more force? I don't want to cause more damage than is already there.

.... penetrating oil + time + *light* persuasion.
Spray/wash liberaly into shaft with oil.
Take a small ballpein hammer and a 1/2 bluntnose punch.
Repetive taps to collar for a minute or so.
Walk away.
Maybe an hour later repeat the tapping, and
apply more oil when done.
Walk away.

Repeat the process untill the assembly falls off onto the
soft landing you provide.
Could take an hour, might take a day.

Do not use air/electric hammer chisel and do not heat.
 
Back
Top