Export thread

How to manually move is3200z and repair locate a malfunctioning kill switch

G

ghettozoo

How to manually move is3100z and repair locate a malfunctioning kill switch

The mower is sitting in the driveway and I need to put it back in the garage. I drove out of the garage and stopped to get a tool and now it shuts off when I release the brake. It starts fine, runs well but one of the kill switches is not working correctly as it kills the engine when I move try to move. Rain is forecast and i need to move this beast inside and i do not know how to release the transmission to push it inside..... or can I fix it today????? HELP!

BlazNT

BlazNT

Most likely the seat switch. Test for continuity. It should be a 4 pole switch. It will have continuity on one set of poles and none on the other. When the button is pushed it should switch.

G

ghettozoo

I found the hydraulic release valve instructions in the manual to enable me to push the mower. Now to identify which safety switch is faulty or dirty

D

Darryl G

Agree that it sounds like the seat switch. Switches often fail progressively so sometimes you can get them working temporarily by exercising them in/out, blowing them out with compressed air or spraying some contact cleaner on them.

B

bertsmobile1

Mower switches are dirt cheap sliding bridge contact type of switch so are prone to failiing due it dirt getting in between the contacts.
Flooding with WD 40 , contact cleaner, RP 7 etc etc and working the switch will generally clean the up.
If it continues to give grief, replace them they are not cheap.
In the field I was them in the workshop they get binned.

R

Ru4him

What ended up being the problem?

R

Ru4him

Agree that it sounds like the seat switch. Switches often fail progressively so sometimes you can get them working temporarily by exercising them in/out, blowing them out with compressed air or spraying some contact cleaner on them.

I have the same problem. Did you ever find out what caused it?