Export thread

HOW OFTEN DO YOU CUT YOUR GRASS?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Please choose an option and reply below to tell me what region of the U.S. you are in.
Every 3-4 days
Every 5-6 days
Every week or so
Longer than 7 days

X-man

X-man

I'm surprised I found this. I think it's over a year old.

I live in mid-Michigan.

Parkmower

Parkmower

I mow my yard one a week.
In upstate NY.

M

mowerman05

every two or three days in mid Michigan, way to much turf builder:laughing::laughing::laughing:

exotion

exotion

Please choose an option and reply below to tell me what region of the U.S. you are in.
Every 3-4 days
Every 5-6 days
Every week or so
Longer than 7 days

I am sorta lazy when it comes to my own yard it gets cut when my wife says something like. "I was playing ball with the dog and I lost the ball.... and the dog. You might want to go find him" :/

X-man

X-man

every two or three days in mid Michigan, way to much turf builder:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Yep. Good 'ol Lapeer County grass. Grows too damn fast. :laughing:

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I'm surprised I found this. I think it's over a year old.

I live in mid-Michigan.

I posted this the day I joined LMF!

I am sorta lazy when it comes to my own yard it gets cut when my wife says something like. "I was playing ball with the dog and I lost the ball.... and the dog. You might want to go find him" :/

Yeah it might be time to mow! :rolleyes:

X-man

X-man

I posted this the day I joined LMF!

Cool! :thumbsup:

bwdbrn1

bwdbrn1

Cool thread to dig back out and blow the dust off of.

I mow my yard way more often than I need to, partly because I enjoy it, partly because I tinker with mowers and once I've got another one going, I need to see how well it works.

Oh, I live in north west Illinois on the border with Iowa.

X-man

X-man

Cool thread to dig back out and blow the dust off of.

I mow my yard way more often than I need to, partly because I enjoy it, partly because I tinker with mowers and once I've got another one going, I need to see how well it works.

Oh, I live in north west Illinois on the border with Iowa.

I agree with you. I normally fix and sell mowers myself (or keep it for my fleet:licking:).

N

Nummy

about every 5 days but it needs it after 3 with all the rain we've gotten lately I live in northeast ohio last year I could go 2 weeks and be okay

MITCHELL22

MITCHELL22

About every 4 days here, LOTS of rain this year here in Georgia!

Carscw

Carscw

About every 4 days here, LOTS of rain this year here in Georgia!

I been cutting every 4 days. All so in Georgia we are 9 inches over last years rain

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

S

sgmgarden

Very interesting poll results!

exotion

exotion

I been cutting every 4 days. All so in Georgia we are 9 inches over last years rain

I wish we could get a couple inches of rain here

G

gabowman

With the rain we're getting (about 3 days a week and have been for the entire spring and summer) and the milder summer temps the grass is really growing fast and is super thick. I'm cutting about every 4 days to keep the yard from getting into a real mess.

metz12

metz12

i cut my grass whenever i walk outside and i can feel the grass touch my ankles. i dont know how often it is, probably like every week or so.

Carscw

Carscw

My grass never need to be cut. I cut it every time i do Any thing to my mowers. Change blades/ oil/ filters. Or if I see one piece stand higher than the others. So close to every three days

IMO I well kept lawn never looks like it needs to be cut.

M

mmanter

As often as my lawn mower allows me to, which with the way it's been hasn't been too often lately.

B

bobbee

As seldom as possible, but when it looks shaggy it gets mowed. Sometimes I can go 10 days or so, sometimes twice a week. I know alot of people like lawns, so I'll try to not offend anybody that does.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Last summer(2013) was a very wet one here in middle TN. Since I was still a working stiff I pretty well was restricted to mowing on weekends. So, once a week was the regiment last summer. This year, I am retired(as of 10/31/14) and now I can mow any day of the week:0)
So far, the grass hasn't really taken off yet but mowed yesterday for the third week in a row this year. So, I've chosen initially to follow the same schedule at the beginning of this season. As the season progresses I will probably start a schedule of cutting every 4 to 5 days. I tend to agree that a yard well maintained should never look like it needs cutting. Now that I have more flexibility it won't be a big deal to only mow on the weekend!!!!

Edit:Just noticed my vote was a tie-breaker for Every Week Or So versus Every 5-6 Days category!!!! Come on Every 5-6 Days guys.....step up:0)

Carscw

Carscw

Last summer(2013) was a very wet one here in middle TN. Since I was still a working stiff I pretty well was restricted to mowing on weekends. So, once a week was the regiment last summer. This year, I am retired(as of 10/31/14) and now I can mow any day of the week:0) So far, the grass hasn't really taken off yet but mowed yesterday for the third week in a row this year. So, I've chosen initially to follow the same schedule at the beginning of this season. As the season progresses I will probably start a schedule of cutting every 4 to 5 days. I tend to agree that a yard well maintained should never look like it needs cutting. Now that I have more flexibility it won't be a big deal to only mow on the weekend!!!! Edit:Just noticed my vote was a tie-breaker for Every Week Or So versus Every 5-6 Days category!!!! Come on Every 5-6 Days guys.....step up:0)

Not to change the subject.
You getting any of the storm yet?
We are getting ready.

djdicetn

djdicetn

Not to change the subject.
You getting any of the storm yet?
We are getting ready.

So far it's running south of us although a tornado hit Limestone County in AL(my grandson lives in Athens) and killed 3 people. I called him and all is well.

P

pete326

Never. I bring in a herd of cows once a month. :laughing:

X-man

X-man

Never. I bring in a herd of cows once a month. :laughing:

Eh, my lawn is a prairie. I just have to burn it every 5 years. :laughing:

Gary L.

Gary L.

Approximately once a week...depending on weather and growth of grass.

gfp55

gfp55

Once a week if it needs it or not.

LazerZLandscaping

LazerZLandscaping

I live in central New Hampshire and I mow the lawn once a week.

Ric

Ric

Try to stick to a seven day schedule for all my clients.

BlazNT

BlazNT

South west corner of Missouri = Midwest

Z

Zeroturner

I have to split my mowing time, by that I mean the west side grows much faster than the rest of they yard.

Why?

Three well spaced septic sprinklers on the west side.

Thus: Every 3/4 days on W. side.

Every 5/6 days on the rest

LazerZLandscaping

LazerZLandscaping

Try to stick to a seven day schedule for all my clients.

I have a few small golf courses as some of my clients and I am there every 3-4 days. The rest of my clients I stick to a seven day schedule.

Bob E

Bob E

southern Michigan. MY old place 10 miles away once a week was about right, now at the new place 5 days seems about right.

mikehouse

mikehouse

In Greensboro,NC.I mulch probably10-14 days apart.

S

slomo

Wow a post from 2013 put back in action today.

G

GrumpyCat

"When it needs it." Lately not much rain, not much growth, but the grass still went to seed so I mowed.