How much should I ask?

dahermit

Threads
I have a LTX 1050 VT Hydrostatic Cub Cadet that I have replaced with a new XT1 ST54FAB.
The LTX was purchased in May of 2009...11 years old but in excellent condition including a new seat, extra new front tire, wider deck pulleys installed, all maintenance done on schedule, all repairs made as needed. It cost 2012.12 as per the original sales slip, which I still have as well as the original documentation and the invoices of all the parts that have been replace (yup, I keep good records).
How much should I ask when I put it up for sale? I need a ball-park figure.

Threads
Does it have an hour meter? How many hours are on it? What kind of engine is on it?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Post pictures if you can...
I looked on a few online auction sights..... the cheapest was starting bid at $50.00, but the highest i saw was $1,450.00... but who knows if they're bringing that much...

Threads
It's a good sized mower, you have brand recognition on your side, maintenance is a big plus, appearance can make a big difference, not the best engine but it's better than the Briggs and Stratton single cylinder engines. I'd feel better if I knew how many hours were on it.

One the low side, I'd calculate:
1 hour/mowing X 26 mows/year (depending on several factors) X 11 years = 286 hrs
One the high end, maybe:
2 hours/mowing X 30 mows/year X 11 years = 660 hrs

If one of my customers wanted to sell this mower with low hours, I would ask for $790 (just sounds better than $800) and be willing to come down to $700-725. With high hours, I would start at $590 and go from there. Remember, you can always start high and see if you get any interest. If not, come down on your price. Try marketing on Craigslist and social media like Facebook Marketplace and the Nextdoor app.