How Much Gas do Mowers Use in a Year.

I just saw on TV that in America we use 180 million gallons of gas per year in lawn mowers.:eek:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that calculates to how much road tax the mower industry is paying?
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that calculates to how much road tax the mower industry is paying?
The government made the stations put a real short hose on their kerosene pumps so you could not pump it into your diesel pickup but they put road tax on it anyway and when I buy kerosene for my heater I pay road tax.:confused2:
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And that calculates to how much road tax the mower industry is paying?
I don't know how it is in the U.S., but in Canada, which has much higher gasoline tax, that tax is not earmarked for roads or transportation, but just goes into general revenue, to be spent however the government pleases.
 
I just saw on TV that in America we use 180 million gallons of gas per year in lawn mowers.:eek:

Define "mower" if you can. Mowers range from a plug in electric trimmer to a gas powered trimmer to an electric push mower to a motorless reel push mower to a gas powered push mower to a riding lawn mower to a lawn tractor to a garden tractor to a compact utility tractor to a farm tractor to a 1,000 horsepower, fifty foot cutting width monster. Do you actually believe everything you see on TV? Yes that new Burger King deep fried earthworm burger filled with rotted squid patties is the best tasting thing there is for late nite munchies. It said so on channel 14 last night. And I so believe it. :laughing::laughing:
 
Anyone know what they typically burn per hour? Add the size of the mower in HP and the deck please!

My Deere 4210 can cut just over an acre an hour using a 23 (net pto) hp diesel and a 60 inch deck and burns .90 gallons per operating hour at 2400 (pto) rpm

Everybody got that?
 
Back
Top