Export thread

How much do you mow

44carbine

What size yard does everyone maintain. I will be mowing about 5 acres when the new grass I just planted starts growing.

grnspot110

grnspot110

Probably about 1 acre a home with a JD F525 - 48". Just bought a JD 790 Compact with 60" Woods finish mower to use at the farm, probably 4 acres +. picnic ground building lots & pond lots.

These two just replaced a Bush Hog M2554 ZTR that I have used for the last nine years. ~~ grnspot110

Attachments

R

ReggieDeere

I have approximately 6 acres of land to mow total. I have about 2 acres of land and my father is sitting on 4 acres. I mow both yards with my old trusty John Deere 316 Lawn & Garden Tractor.

G

gargoyle

About 1 acre at home with a Craftsman DGS6500 and about 50 or more acres in a campground with a JDX485 all wheel steer.
Gargoyle

L

lococnc

nearly 12 acres with a 52" snapper zero turn and a 60" brush hog

Z

Zeroturn

We have about 6 acres of land that has to be mowed each week. That is the main reason we bought a Zero turn lawn mower. It really cuts down the mowing time by a couple of hours. :biggrin:

G

gibby123

As a Small lawn care company , we mow 60 acres each week. We Use walker mowers and have had no problems over the last 8 years with them . Through out the year , we do a large amount of rough cut mowing .This is done with a 60 inch flail mower and a 60 inch bush hog . Both mowers are powered by a 25 hp Kioti tractor.

J

jmessing

We have two acres that we mow with a Toro Z400 48" mower and and additional eight acres that we mow with a Kioti 30 hp tractor pulling Caroni six foot finish mower (low grass) or a five foot flail mower (high grass). It's spring in Vermont, so we're mowing twice a week!

M

MidTNDawg

We mow 20+ acres using a JD GT235 (wife) and Kubota ZD323 (me). I did use my JD 970 (turf tires) with a finishing mower but never liked the results compared to other mowers. Bought my 323 after discussions on TractorByNet and really like it. Looking forward to gaining knowlege about weed control (including Bermuda grass which my wife hates) on this forum.

J

jpalasek

6 Acres of open area and then 1 around the house. Keeps me busy every week. I wish I had a mower that trimmed at the same time...

W

Will_C

I mow 2.5 acres at my house. My mother has two acres, and I mow that. I bought 9.6 acres last year, where I plan to build a house. I mow 5 acres of that with a finish mower, weekly in the sping and fall, bi-weekly in the summer. I bush hog the other 4 acres 3-4 times yearly.

Will

G

GreenWannabe

1/2 acre, 1994 JD LX176 hydro, 14 hp, 38" deck. Love my John Deere!

B

BlueGrass

I don't have a big yard to do but I mow about twice a week. My yard is 100 wide x 130 deep and it's not very level. It takes me about an hour to do the whole yard because of all the trees and our swimming pool in the way. After I mow then I have to weed whip and edge my lawn so it looks nice.

J

JimmyWeb

I don't have anything to mow right now.:frown: Soon I will have around 2 acres. I'm excited, I am getting my first house and my first piece of land, I finally will have a yard!:smile:

Hand2ThePlow

Hand2ThePlow

I mow about 2.5 acres of our 5 acre property with a JD STX46. The rest of my property plus 15 -20 acres of pasture land for my Mother-in-law I mow with my Kubota L2900. I also mow the ATV trails on the farm.

JDgreen

JDgreen

I mow about 2.5 acres of our 5 acre property with a JD STX46. The rest of my property plus 15 -20 acres of pasture land for my Mother-in-law I mow with my Kubota L2900. I also mow the ATV trails on the farm.

We have 11 acres, the actual yard area to mow with the 450 feet of roadfront is about 5 of the 11. Also spend an hour every 2 weeks cutting the ATV trails in the back 6 acres. Every year when there is a wet spring I start bitching about how much I have to mow, then later in the year I cut down more of the field to make the actual lawn bigger.

Not too smart, am I?

BKBrown

BKBrown

We have 11 acres, the actual yard area to mow with the 450 feet of roadfront is about 5 of the 11. Also spend an hour every 2 weeks cutting the ATV trails in the back 6 acres. Every year when there is a wet spring I start bitching about how much I have to mow, then later in the year I cut down more of the field to make the actual lawn bigger.

Not too smart, am I?

Just an excuse to get a bigger better mower and more toys ! :laughing::biggrin::thumbsup:

B

BlueGrass

I'm starting to think my yard is puny! I'm glad I don't have as much lawn as you all have but I do wish that one day I'll be able to move to the country.

S

Stevie-Ray

Right now, I mow probably less than 2000 square feet. When I move to my northern retreat, I'll have to deal with 1.28 acres. Not much, and most of that won't be mowed. Still, a rider is in order.

J

JohnDeere-x320-48in

Just an excuse to get a bigger better mower and more toys ! :laughing::biggrin::thumbsup:

Nice VENTRAC

J

JohnDeere-x320-48in

I run a small lawncare business and I mow around20 to 25 acres a week with a new John Deere x320 48in. I think that's not to bad for a 16 year old that has been mowing since 5th grade. Haha

C

C&R Lawn Care

I mow about 25 acres a week.

B

Black Bart

I have a 1/2 acre but after you figure the house and garage I probably mow about 1/4 acre.
Past 20 years mowed with a 725 Grasshopper with 72 inch deck.
Last week I bought a new JD Z445 with 54 inch deck it works a lot better than the GH did .:thumbsup:

I don't want to make a career out of mowing the lawn.

G

grass cutter

I have a 1/2 acre but after you figure the house and garage I probably mow about 1/4 acre.
Past 20 years mowed with a 725 Grasshopper with 72 inch deck.
Last week I bought a new JD Z445 with 54 inch deck it works a lot better than the GH did .:thumbsup:

I don't want to make a career out of mowing the lawn.

That's a pretty big mower for a small yard

Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy

About 4 1/2 acres with a pond that I weed-eat because the water is so low. A million trees to work around also but I love my trees! :smile:

Parkmower

Parkmower

About 100 acres of public park. Use Jacobsen 628D 4wd 72" front mount and Husqvarna PZ 7234 zero turn.

wjjones

wjjones

7.5 total with the other lawns i cut mine is 1 acre... the others are some of my friends grandparents, etc..

B

benski

One half an acre at my shop, 1 acre at the RC flying field, 1/4 acre at my home. It seems like something needs maintenance, fuel, or feeding all the time!:laughing::confused2::biggrin:

S

somoolive

I mow my 1.5 acre lawn having lots of trees and plants with great care.

L

LawnBoy M

1/2 acre. 2x per week.

Kingwood990

Kingwood990

I mow 8-10 acres every 7-15 days. The machine of choice is a 2006 X520 John Deere with 54'' mower.
28jbiac.jpg

BHLC

BHLC

We have about 6 acres of land that has to be mowed each week. That is the main reason we bought a Zero turn lawn mower. It really cuts down the mowing time by a couple of hours. :biggrin:

What's the overall time it takes you to do the 6 acres?

X-man

X-man

I mow for my trailer park. 5 yards take me about 2 hours.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I mow 0.25 acre lots. They usually take me 45-50 minutes but if I make the turn-arounds really quick I can get them done in 35 minutes. :thumbsup:

wjjones

wjjones

When I first started years ago I was cutting alot (about 21 acres worth) but now I just stick to my 4, or 5 yards. The biggest is 2.5 acres, and the others are 1 acre each. I have downsized a few times over the years running solo it gets old quick trying to keep up with all those yards, and work another job to.

Bomba

Bomba

I mow just over 5 acres at my home, 3 with my 60" exMark ZT and the rest with a finish mower attached to my Ford B3000 tractor.

djdicetn

djdicetn

I have about a 1.5 acre level lot with just a few obstacles that(since I still have a day job) I mow every other weekend first of April through end of October here in Middle TN. Of course, this would make one ask me why I bought a 52" commercial Gravely XDZ 100 series last fall right? Well, I considered it a "retirement investment" as I will be retiring in October, 2013. I wanted a ZTR(for years:0) and I wanted one that would (1)outlive me....(2)only require normal maintenance and no costly post-retirement repairs.....and(3)an investment that my son(and grandson) could inherit when I pass away. When I retire I'll probably mow more often(weekly, maybe even twice a week) cause it's so much dadgum fun driving these ZTR's so maybe that will "justify" the expense. The only thing I regret about the purchase is that it cuts my yard so much faster......now it's only a 1-beer job instead of a 3-beer job like it was when when I had the old lawn tractor:0)