How many of you that use walk-behinds use sulkies?

Do you use a sulky on your walk-behind mower?

• Total voters
Threads
To all the people who operate walk-behind mowers (like the one shown in the picture):
DO YOU USE SULKIES OR DO YOU JUST WALK BEHIND THEM?
exmark.jpg sulky.jpg

D2hornets58

Threads
I use a sulky pretty much all the time. It is much faster then walking behind it.

Threads
I use a sulky pretty much all the time. It is much faster then walking behind it.

And also it saves energy! Since 1) You aren't walking the whole time and 2) The mower can go faster than you can walk so you would be like jogging with it, correct?

D2hornets58

Threads
And also it saves energy! Since 1) You aren't walking the whole time and 2) The mower can go faster than you can walk so you would be like jogging with it, correct?

My mower has 5 speeds so if I put it in first or second gear then its a good speed to walk with. But the higher gears are faster and too fast to walk with.

Threads
My mower has 5 speeds so if I put it in first or second gear then its a good speed to walk with. But the higher gears are faster and too fast to walk with.

Yeah I figured it had different speeds. Sometimes it is nice to go fast (if it still cuts good) so you can finish faster. You wouldn't be able to use the top speeds if you didn't have a sulky unless you wanted to jog!

D2hornets58

Threads
Yeah I figured it had different speeds. Sometimes it is nice to go fast (if it still cuts good) so you can finish faster. You wouldn't be able to use the top speeds if you didn't have a sulky unless you wanted to jog!

Haha ya you would be jogging in 5th gear. My mower still cuts great when going fast. If the grass isnt too long then I can cut in 5th gear easily.

Threads
Haha ya you would be jogging in 5th gear. My mower still cuts great when going fast. If the grass isnt too long then I can cut in 5th gear easily.

Yeah that's just like my Honda HRX. I cut in the fastest gear almost all of the time! :biggrin: