How good is this set up for the high tensiion wire?

franchi

Threads
  • / How good is this set up for the high tensiion wire?
When I got a replacement coil for my 5239, it did not have a high tension lead attached, The shop that sold me the coil gave me a piece of HT wire, crimp on lead and a rubber boot.

The HT lead was pushed into the coil where it was pierced by a barb in the bottom of the hole where the HT lead attached to the coil. The other end had an attachment that ripped the HT lead by pierceing the side of the HT wire with a pointed barb. After this, a rubber boot was sliped over the end of the HT wire to hold it to the sparkplug and to help make it weather resistant.

Is this a good way of attaching the HT wire? Is there a better way that would insure a good electrical connection at both ends.

Is there a way that I may check the continuity oft the HT wire without removing it from the coil!

Tia,

Franchi

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / How good is this set up for the high tensiion wire?
First of all I am going to take it that the high tension wire is solid core wire, What you have described is standard high tension wire ends. I have used them for years and can't say I ever had a problem with then. The newer plug wired they use on the newer cars are all together different and made from the factory with the ends already on them but cars of now days use a very high tension current. There must be a reason you want to check the continuity? Are you not getting spark?