How Do I Get Rid Of Honeysuckle?

RockHound

Threads
I love the smell of honeysuckle in the mornings and in the evenings. But I don't like it to intrude into my yard. I don't want to kill all of it. I was thinking of maybe running a plastic barrier in front of it so it can't take hold in my lawn. Do you think that would work?

noma

Threads
Hi

Maybe you could just pull the roots out of the ones you would like to get ried of ,that's how i get reid of the ones i don't want in my lawn. Not sure where you live , or if you have the equitment to do that and how many you want to pull so more information maybe what we need hope this help a little. If you put the plastic in your lawn it will kill the grass you have growing now

JimmyWeb

Threads
You could always spray some weed killer on the ones you don't want, I'm sure that will do the trick. I love honeysuckle personally, I wish I had some in my yard.:wink:

mamaA

Threads
Honeysuckle can definitely be invasive. We have it all over the woods and I am continually having to pull out the "arms" that reach into some of the flower beds that are at the edge of the woods.