Honda starting problem

Nolegs

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Honda IZY 135 which will not start. If I spray some carb clean directly into the carb it will start for a couple of seconds. The carb was cleaned to no avail and have now replaced it with a brand new one. There is fuel in the carb. Can anyone advise a solution please.

dougand3

Threads
If the engine runs normally with fuel sprayed in the carb throat.....it's a fuel delivery problem - bad fuel, tank vent, fuel line, carb. Maybe new carb bad?

Nolegs

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the engine runs normally with fuel sprayed in the carb throat.....it's a fuel delivery problem - bad fuel, tank vent, fuel line, carb. Maybe new carb bad?
Thank you Doug. The fuel reaches the new carb ok. I will check if the tank is vented. Could it also be a problem with the gaskets not sealing properly, although there is no sign of leaking fuel anywhere?

dougand3

Threads
A gasket downstream of the carb throat can affect running but have to be a big leak not to start. Make sure gasket isn't covering any carb holes that it shouldn't. Check your plug: dry? = no fuel mist in combustion chamber or wet? = flooding. And the choke - is it closed on a cold start?