Honda HRX21HXA Propelling Issue

iamcatdaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Bought my Honda HRZ21XA back in 2008 and have provided maintenance every year.

Yesterday the mower developed a Propelling Issue where it propels but is very slow even at full throttle and max on the propelling issue

Engine runs great and there does not seem to be a cable issue

Any suggestions on what the issue is?

Thank You in Advance for your assistance

iamcatdaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank You Rokon for your advise

In visiting over the phone with 2 different Honda Mower Repair Techs...they both suspected that my mover over the last 7 years had a stretched transmission belt

I searched some of the areas of this site and it seemed reasonable that the belt had stretched and this was not a adjustment with the drive cable

Today I attempted to remove the old cable but was unsuccessful in dis-assembly of the mower to have full access of the belt to remove it

The belt appears to be tight on the pulleys but my friend suggested maybe over time it has become slick and does not grab properly

How do I determine if my problem is the transmission belt or just and adjustment on the drive?

Thank You

Rokon

Threads
The belt appears to be tight on the pulleys but my friend suggested maybe over time it has become slick and does not grab properly

Over time the belt will narrow and drop further into the pulleys. This lessens the belts 'grab' ability.

I'm not an expert, but the cable adjust is much quicker than a new belt.

But if your going to keep the mower, and you have the time, I'd change it for piece of mind.

iamcatdaddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Again Rokon
I am stuck with trying to get the belt on

Really do-not want to spend $100 at the Honda Repair for a 7 year old mower with good engine...BUT the same mower is $729 now...will be making a decision soon!