Honda HRX217 Versa-Mow lever stu k

Tom C.

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had a Honda HRX-217 mower for about 3 or 4 years. I always have had the lever in the Mulching mode. Today, i decided to put it in the Bagging mode to pick up leaves that I chopped up when I mowed. I cannot for the life of me, move the lever to the Bagging position.

Do you have any suggestions?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some penetrating oil on the pivot point will go a long way.
When in use a lot of weight sits on the locating pin and of course the whole thing vibrates so the pins wear to a hook shape
So you have to do some jiggleing and be a little brutal
Push down and pull out at the same time.

bogdaN

Threads
If you did not get that loose, maybe try to clean grass off bottom of the deck. I have same mower and what i do after done moving with the blower blow in to discharge while moving lever back and fort.

Tom C.

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you did not get that loose, maybe try to clean grass off bottom of the deck. I have same mower and what i do after done moving with the blower blow in to discharge while moving lever back and fort.

I finally turned the mower over and saw the cover that covers the chute. As i moved the lever, i saw that the ring that the cover is attached to had a build up of grass. Then i went around to the back and found all kinds of grass stuck in the chute. When i cleaned it out, i was finally able to move the lever to the "bag" position.

Thanks!