Honda HRR216SDA metal ticking sound while running and driving after maintenance

Spork

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda HRR216SDA metal ticking sound while running and driving after maintenance
My Honda HRR216SDA (Harmony 2) self propelled mower has like a ticking/clicking/metal bouncing around sound or like sticks hitting metal sound while running (idle) and while driving. Engine GCV160. Previous to today, there have been no unusual sounds. Purchased it used 2 years ago with no issues.

Today, I replaced the blades, all 4 wheels, air filter, oil (Honda SAE 10W-30), and rear trail shield. All replacement parts are Honda OEM. The blades were torqued at 40 ft lbs. I also washed the mower 2 days ago, avoiding water on the engine, and cleaned 2 years of crud build up from the underside of the deck. The rear axle had crap wrapped around it, so I also cut all of that off as well. The mower was not ran after washing. Before all of this maintenance, there was no unusual sound.

I have verified the oil level (not overfilled or under filled), blade clearance (they're not hitting anything), belt condition, I have taken the fan cover off to make sure there were no debris, and I have tried it with and without the mulching plug installed.

The mower has been ran for approximately 10 minutes with this issue.

Here is a video:
*we usually do not mow in flip flops or other such footwear, we are just trying to diagnose this issue!

Last edited:

enigma-2

Threads
  • / Honda HRR216SDA metal ticking sound while running and driving after maintenance
Ever figure this out? Ours is now doing this.