Export thread

Honda HRR216 K2 won’t start without starter fluid

M

Magnus Greel

I have a Honda self-propelled mower that won’t start without fluid. Once it starts it runs just fine and restarts without starter fluid. I just put on a new carb. Throttle goes from fast to slow, the choke does not seem to engage.

D

Darryl G

M

Magnus Greel

No, the choke control is on the throttle lever.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Is it the same type of carb...if so you may need to re-just the cable so that the choke engages when you push or pull it to choke..!

M

Magnus Greel

The inside of the carb does not move at all. I can’t pull the throttle cable back any further.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Then its not been connected it up properly....post up some photos of the carb and the rods and levers.

M

Magnus Greel

Here are three photos. I can get better ones when I have time to loosen the air filter box.

Attachments

M

Magnus Greel

Then its not been connected it up properly....post up some photos of the carb and the rods and levers.

Here are pictures with the filter box off. I fear in my zeal to fix it myself, I have made things worse.BD57F44D-E265-41FF-873D-78DCA2248827.jpg00E3F691-37DC-4D4D-94C5-533BD7E0BF49.jpg4D7BAB99-18D9-41F8-90B5-75305E06E015.jpg45307DD2-6AC1-4904-9BE9-9B04C0C86C47.jpg8F9C19E1-BE9D-479E-AC36-BB3E06A63F32.jpgC62B624D-7C45-4DB8-A7BA-8B58E0F5A4BA.jpgCD5EE1CB-4A38-4F0B-83E3-963F1EA9A3AC.jpg

BlazNT

BlazNT

Need a picture of the area I marked in red.
Honda.jpg

M

Magnus Greel

I can, but that is just the gasket that has slipped when I took out the mounting bolts.

BlazNT

BlazNT

I am attaching a diagram of how all the gaskets go. I do not think you have them correct. The metal plate I do not believe goes where you have it. The other picture I asked for is because no gasket that I can tell goes over that hole.
honda 2.jpg

M

Magnus Greel

The black gasket was okay to reuse from the filter box.

Attachments

BlazNT

BlazNT

This is why I do not normally help with Honda's. I am always wrong with them. It looks ok from the new picture. Thanks.

EngineMan

EngineMan

From the photo, remove rod from lever B then pull rod (towards right on photo) choke should close, if so check to see if lever can go more to right on photo, it seems that it is at its MAX so therefore can't go anymore to be able to pull the choke on...!

Attachments

M

Magnus Greel

From the photo, remove rod from lever B then pull rod (towards right on photo) choke should close, if so check to see if lever can go more to right on photo, it seems that it is at its MAX so therefore can't go anymore to be able to pull the choke on...!

The choke does close if the rod is pulled to the right. Also, there is some play in the lever, it can go further right. I think the lever is not getting fully activated by the throttle body when the Throttle Control Lever is pushed all the way forward into the Choke position.

EngineMan

EngineMan

Are there two holes in the plastic activator cam on top of the carb...? if so have you put the choke rod in the wrong hole in the plastic activator cam.

M

Magnus Greel

Are there two holes in the plastic activator cam on top of the carb...? if so have you put the choke rod in the wrong hole in the plastic activator cam.

No, just the one hole. I replaced the old carb that had a drain bolt at the bottom for one that does not. It just has one hole.

EngineMan

EngineMan

So unless you are going to take it into a shop, the only other way is to remove the rod, put throttle control lever in the choke position, put the choke closed on the carb and measure the distance between the two holes where the rod was and make a new rod to fit.

M

Magnus Greel

So unless you are going to take it into a shop, the only other way is to remove the rod, put throttle control lever in the choke position, put the choke closed on the carb and measure the distance between the two holes where the rod was and make a new rod to fit.

I've resigned myself to take it into the shop. Hopefully it won't be too much to correct it. I'm going to give it one more try tonight.

D

Davedn

What was outcome? Even if taken to the ship, how did they repair? Thx

B

bertsmobile1

Answers from a 4 year old thread ?
Go a problem then start a new thread