Honda HRN216 Blades not spinning full speed

mlutz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a HRN216VYA and when I engage the blades they are not spinning at full speed. The mower is relatively new and I figure that the cable needs adjusted that runs from the roto stop down under the deck. If anyone has the steps that I need to go through to fix this I would greatly appreciate it or if you think it has a different issue please let me know.

Thanks

mlutz

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did adjust the cable and so far that seems to have helped with the blades spinning at full speed. The other problem I am having is that one the mower warms up a little it surges when the blades aren't running. I just took out the phillips screw out of the top of the carb and sprayed carb cleaner in it. Once I put it back together it ran fine for the first couple minutes or so and that started to surge with just a little backfire. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PT Doc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Save yourself more hassle. Go to a Honda dealer and buy a new carburetor. That will sort you out. You might want to buy the various gaskets and auto choke butterfly and the wax plugmauto choke doohickey.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you are talking about a big black screw, that is just a cover that holds the idle jet in place
undo it fully and remove the idle jet ( it might be part of that screw )
The Idle jet has a big hole right through it, this is for the air
It has a tiny hole in the bottom this is for the fuel and regularly gets blocked ,
Note the direction of the big hole ( I mark the top with a paint pen ) so that when it is inserted the hole is aligned with the hole in the body .
It will work much better that way .