honda hr215 hxa

rml6093

Threads
I had this problem on an HR215, and also tried cleaning the pilot jet to no avail. I think it shrunk due to being plastic and age - and no amount of cleaning woueld help. I replaced it, and have run flawless for close to 10 years, with no other changes or cleanings to the carb. The want a ridiculous amount of $$$ for such a small plastic part, but it was worth it.

Ultimately, both the surge and the stall are due to the engine running lean at low power (IE not yet on the main jet).

good info do you know the settings on the the pilot screw and also throttle stop screw? I just recently cleaned the carb a few days ago and maybe I didn’t get those screwed where they need to be.

I will say it doesn’t surge as long now that I thoroughly cleaned carb so I’m thinking I just don’t have the idle set right. It really surges when I turn the throttle to the slow position

tadawson

Threads
The jet I am describing has no screw - it is fixed, although there is also a capped mixture screw. While I can't recall the setting at the moment, I recall setting it to the factory position, and the mower ran fine. Note also that until I replaxed the fixed plastic jet, no amount of adjustment would stop the surge.

PS I recall 2 turns out, and a search gives the same. I can verify with the service manual, but have good confidence in 2 . . .

rml6093

Threads
The jet I am describing has no screw - it is fixed, although there is also a capped mixture screw. While I can't recall the setting at the moment, I recall setting it to the factory position, and the mower ran fine. Note also that until I replaxed the fixed plastic jet, no amount of adjustment would stop the surge.

PS I recall 2 turns out, and a search gives the same. I can verify with the service manual, but have good confidence in 2 . . .

the page or pages of the service manual on that would be great if you could attach it here