Honda HR215 HXA Purchased 3/13/92 Ser: MZAM-6148170 HXA Has a lower engine oil leak

Pitt

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda HR215 HXA Purchased 3/13/92 Ser: MZAM-6148170 HXA Has a lower engine oil leak
I have a
Honda HR215 HXA Purchased 3/13/92
Ser: MZAM-6148170 HXA
I had noticed engine oil leaking in my shed and oil was low when I checked and topped it off.
Started it and was mowing and got to driveway and lifted front to pivot and noticed big oil spot. So pushed down on handle again at next rotation and a lot of oil ran off back of blade clutch assembly.
Any idea where leak is -Main bottom crank seal?
Worth paying to repair or consider myself lucky for getting one of the really good drive shaft Hondas.
Next question is I’m 62 and a right below knee amputee BUT I still enjoy doing my lawn and yard work.
If I buy a new mower would you recommend the HRX217HZA or something else.
I’ve really liked the hydrostatic transmission as depending on how my stump is feeling, sometimes I can move faster than others and if I step on a root or something that twists my prosthetic, I’ll need to slow down for a few minutes and then speed it back up.
Thoughts??
Suggestions?
Thx in advance and have been monitoring this site for some time keeping my old mower running especially this summer when I finally added about 1/2 of the transmission fluid container to my trans but I’ve never seen a leak or damp spot on differential.
Pitt

SpeedRacer

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda HR215 HXA Purchased 3/13/92 Ser: MZAM-6148170 HXA Has a lower engine oil leak
Hi Pitt. Looks like we might have similar mowers? Mine is HR215K!HXA bought in 2002. I will get back to you on your oil leak. Its late and I am tired....lol

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yep sounds very much like a blown lower seal.
I rather hope it is because that is something you can fix with the engine in the mower .

SpeedRacer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had a problem with oil leaking out the bottom and was able to replace a seal which fixed the problem. Take a look at this video or search for others on you tube to see if this might be your issue.

I am a strictly amateur at this stuff but just trying to help. You tube has helped me in the past but you have to also use your own judgement.