Honda GX110 Engine Wont Run

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
rough guestimate based on what comes through the gate.
There is no such thing as defects in China.
Just about every major USA ( and the rest of the world ) brand has a factory in China.
Most of these have reasonable QC so parts from their suppliers get rejected if they are sub standard.
These OEM parts get on sold through a few hands then end up on Ebay & Amazon because neither of then have any sort of quality assurance.
If you have a credit card then you have all you need to be an ebay/amazon vendor.

On ebay there is feedback but next to nobody ever leaves bad feedback.
Ebay allows you to see everything that a particular vendor is selling so if they are selling everything from baby cloths to battleships then they are a surplus vendor and their stock is suspect.
Even then a single person can have multiple vendors identities.

Amazon is harder to check on.
If they added the "other items " search then it would go a long way .

Both of them make money from every sale so all they want is more volume.
Like stock brokers, they always get their cut regardless of what happens to you.

And yes their are genuine vendors on both of them and if you are trying to offload some dead stock for less than the RRP without falling foul of your franchise agreements or alerting your creditors that you are in a vunerable financial position then Amazon is a God send.

I have handled this stuff.
Our warehousse gets a phone call from a space broker, a truck arrives with goods on it then orders come in over the web with packing slips & invoices.
The "vendor" then pays our bank & we release the goods for delivery.
We have never seen the "vendor", they nearly always have a hotmail / Gmail email address which makes them very hard to find and a mobile phone number which can also be a prepaid one.
The whole set up could not have been better for criminals if it was designed by the marfia.

david02777

Threads
The whole set up could not have been better for criminals if it was designed by the marfia.

I'd go even farther and say that it is a criminal system. Yes, there are honest vendors (I called the BMW dealer before ordering, the parts guy told me that they order parts on spec, especially if they see the failure rates go up, and can sell them at a discount through eBay. Their counter price was the same as my local dealer.) but everyone who deals with the China --> America/EU online sales knows it's a system that is almost designed for scammers.

I have a great QC guy in China. It's a small company, former space agency engineers, with a conscience. I interviewed or dealt with about 20 others over the years and I always found kickbacks, cutting corners, and outright lies. Its as if the companies expect that you want to "check the box" of having a QC, but it's really not related to whether the parts match the drawings and the quantities match the BOL.

I've had a driver there a few times who is always trying to sell me Amazon/eBay/online reviews for any product, for $21 per review, and he can get me bulk discounts. He said he does a great side business in that and wants to make it full time. Funny and terrifying at the same time.

EDIT: I think I may have talked myself into putting a Honda carburetor on my Chinesium motor.