Honda GCV160 Starting

F56JCW

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all hope you’re well.
Not a massive problem but it is somewhat annoying. I bought a brand new Honda HRX roller mower in March and for the first few uses it would start first pull from cold, now it takes up to 5+. It’s the manual choke model with the lever, wondering if anyone could advise?

Again, not a massive problem but considering what the thing cost me, and the 30 year old Brigs & Stratton engined machine it replaced STILL starts first pull, it’s peeing me off!
Thank you all in advance

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
try priming it as specified if specified, then pulling it easily until you feel resistance then pull harder to start it. I went thru the same thing on my Toro. It would take 5 or 6 pulls. Now that I pull until I feel that resistance then pull hard it starts easily the first pull every time.

F56JCW

Forum Newbie
Threads
try priming it as specified if specified, then pulling it easily until you feel resistance then pull harder to start it. I went thru the same thing on my Toro. It would take 5 or 6 pulls. Now that I pull until I feel that resistance then pull hard it starts easily the first pull every time.
Thanks man I’ll bear that in mind and give it a go!