HONDA 4518 W/46 DECK PTO BELT INFO

PHILF

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a 105" kevlar wrapped belt following web advice. Install was nearly impossible. I disconnected the tensioner and removed the spring loaded idler pulley on RH side. With force I loaded the belt and replaced the pulley to close it up. However now I cannot reconnect the tensioner, the screw is about 1 inch too short. I haven't determined where to pull or push to make it move enough to reconnect. Pulling on it doesn't work. Question: Was the 105" kevlar 5/8 belt correct? It does work well and cuts as is without the tensioner connected but I can't leave it like that. Any ideas on how to reconnect the tensioner or belt size choice? My belt source provides 1 inch increment choices but each one is $ spent with no returns.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
:welcome:

Did you keep the old belt ?
If so measure it, belts do not stretch much, they wear thin on the sides
Even a broken belt can yield a useful measure.

Now whereabouts on the web did you get the belt size from
I see 2 belts for the 46" deck https://planopower.com/store/honda/cd4546_blade_shaft.php
1) PTO to deck belt # 76182-758-J02 ( 21/32" X 107.75 )
2) blade belt # 76181-758-J00 ( 21/32" x 103.75)

Cheap replacement belts are generally 5/8" and rounded down the nearest full inch.
They will neither run for as long or work as well as the genuine Honda belt because the V angle is different.
AFAIK no ones does an exact replacement belt, just poor substitutes that will work reasonably.

grayrock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Where can I find a listing of part numbers for this mower? I specifically am looking for info on the mower decks (pulleys, belts, wheels). ThANKS

grayrock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, Scrubcadet10. I have tried that site and it does not have the mowing deck detail that I can find.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
It is available from the link posted in my post # 2 from Sept 4
Right now Plano's web page is down .
A lot of pages are down at the moment probably due to Covid related staffing issues .
The deck is considered to be an item all by itself.
It should have a part & serial number on it some where ( well it did when it left the factory ) and these are the numbers needed when searching for deck parts

grayrock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you, Bertsmobile1. I had tried that link and as you said, their website is not functioning properly. Does any other source for that info come to mind?