Export thread

Homemade snowblower

J

JAYJAY

Hi there did anyone built one of these or know someone my question is the pulley size

asset.jpg

BlazNT

BlazNT

What part are you building? The whole unit or the bracket to connect it to the mower? Witch pulley. Engine pulley or pulley on the snow thrower?

willys55

willys55

for some reason I cant get the picture to enlarge to see what you are talking about. You are asking about homemade hook up?

M

mowerman05

He has another post with the same title, that picture does enlarge. Looks like a Ariel’s on a riding mower.

J

JAYJAY

What part are you building? The whole unit or the bracket to connect it to the mower? Witch pulley. Engine pulley or pulley on the snow thrower?

building the whole thing but my concern is the pulley size from the motor to the auger. the same system as the picture

heres the video link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rm5ZS0uflI

J

JAYJAY

for some reason I cant get the picture to enlarge to see what you are talking about. You are asking about homemade hook up?

pulley size is my question from the motor to the auger

heres the video link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rm5ZS0uflI

BlazNT

BlazNT

Would need to know what model you are modeling it after.

J

JAYJAY

Would need to know what model you are modeling it after.

2 noma 27/10 with a 17.5 hp tecumseh motor

BlazNT

BlazNT

No way to tell with a standalone snow blower to a lawnmower mounted snow blower. But I would try the pulley that is used to run the mower deck. It is what you would use if you purchased a Lawnmower mounted snow blower.

J

JAYJAY

No way to tell with a standalone snow blower to a lawnmower mounted snow blower. But I would try the pulley that is used to run the mower deck. It is what you would use if you purchased a Lawnmower mounted snow blower.
Yes that's what I will use but I need a convertion like the video between the motor and blower.
For example if I have 3 inch on the crankshaft of the motor and 8 inch on the blower should I use the same size in the middle a 8 inch with the motor and 3 inch going to the blower

B

bertsmobile1

BlazNT

BlazNT

Looks more like 6" engine pulley to 6" pulleys on the snowblower. None of the idler pulleys will make a difference but they look like 3". The one that drives the blowers looks like a 3" as well. So It looks like 6" and 3".

J

JAYJAY

Looks more like 6" engine pulley to 6" pulleys on the snowblower. None of the idler pulleys will make a difference but they look like 3". The one that drives the blowers looks like a 3" as well. So It looks like 6" and 3".

yeah my logic was the same thx

willys55

willys55

I'm guessing this didn't get past the drawing board

R

RogerMower

Please post if this project turns out to become a working machine:thumbsup: