Export thread

Homelite ST-175 Repair

J

jakesmurray

Does anyone know the correct fuel mixture for this trimmer? I have googled it, but have come up with jut about every ratio possible: 16:1, 32:1, 40:1, and 50:1. Which one is it supposed to be? Also, I need to know what spark plug is supposed to be in it. I checked Homelite's website, and they do not have a manual listed for this model. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

J

jakesmurray

Ok, I think I found the spark plug: DJ7Y
I still need to know the fuel ratio.

J

jakesmurray

Ok guys, the guy at my local small engine shop said to run 50:1 in the trimmer. I rebuilt the carb, replaced fuel lines, and threw some 50:1 in it and it runs great! If any of you guys can confirm this mix, please do.
Thanks

I

ILENGINE

At the time that Homelite was making these trimmers, Homelite was running a 32:1 ratio in their trimmers and saws. As far as I know, Homelite never ran a 40:1, and only the newer items are 50:1. What most people don't know, is back when saws where 16:1 that was before the Use of 2 stroke oil as we know it. It was a mixture of 8 ounces of 30 W non-detergent motor oil, to a gallon of gas.

J

jakesmurray

At the time that Homelite was making these trimmers, Homelite was running a 32:1 ratio in their trimmers and saws. As far as I know, Homelite never ran a 40:1, and only the newer items are 50:1. What most people don't know, is back when saws where 16:1 that was before the Use of 2 stroke oil as we know it. It was a mixture of 8 ounces of 30 W non-detergent motor oil, to a gallon of gas.

Well crap. I think I may try to get ahold of a manual for this thing
Thanks for the info

E

ecally

I have the ST-145 and the manual states 50:1. If yours is newer than is probably also 50:1

J

jakesmurray

I have the ST-145 and the manual states 50:1. If yours is newer than is probably also 50:1

Ok, I am at a total tossup between 32:1 and 50:1.
My local repairman said 50:1, a guy on YouTube that also has a ST-175 said 32:1, you guys here are saying both 32 and 50, I am confused.
I found a manual online, but you must pay $10 to view it.
Does anyone happen to have a Homelite ST-175 manual laying around???

midnite rider

midnite rider

Ok, I am at a total tossup between 32:1 and 50:1.
My local repairman said 50:1, a guy on YouTube that also has a ST-175 said 32:1, you guys here are saying both 32 and 50, I am confused.
I found a manual online, but you must pay $10 to view it.
Does anyone happen to have a Homelite ST-175 manual laying around???

It is most definitely 32:1 gas mix as I have had mine as seen here for many years.

homelite175is32to1.jpg

J

jakesmurray

It is most definitely 32:1 gas mix as I have had mine as seen here for many years.

View attachment 12386

Awesome, I will run 32:1
Thanks