HOMELITE BX90 BLOWER

charlie_ope

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have been repairing this blower and ran into a problem. The cylinder was loose and before reading the repair manual I removed the cylinder, piston and piston ring. Well guess what, that paticular model does not have a antirotation pin for the ring. After reading the manual I see that you were suppose to mark the location of the gap on the piston for latter ring replacement. I am trying to use my best guess asz to where the gap should be located by what the ring and piston look like wear wise but t hats diffucult. I believe the gap should be located on the area of the cylinder between the intake and exhaust port if looking from the cylinder cover on the left. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

chance123

Threads
Yes. You do not want the ring gaps in the area where the ports are in the cylinder.

Sturgisatv

Threads
I saw this post and thought it may help you.

"Should have at least 90 psi to run. Looks like it is time for a new piston and cylinder. If you decide to rebuild it a couple of things to look for. When you put the piston on the rod, make sure you put on correctly. The ring gap should face the intake port and if you look at the crank end of the rod, the writing on rod bearing should be facing out so you can read it when you put the rod on the crank."