Homelite 26cc trimmer issue

jdr37

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 26cc Homelite string trimmer, less than 50 hours, fresh gas and oil but I am now experiencing a problem on starting engine after unit has set for a few days (5 to 7). Primer bulb fills and becomes firm after 5 or 6 pumps but no fuel is getting to cylinder when cranking. I pull the spark plug and it is bone dry -- pour a little fuel into cylinder, replace plug, crank and it will start and run on two or three pulls.
Any ideas?
Thanks, jdr37

Grasmo

Threads
Check the vent on the fuel cap. Sounds like low speed circuit may be plugged/restricted.....try to start it holding full throttle.....check for restriction in the exhaust...sometimes a mud dobber can plug one up in a single day.

metz12

Threads
you in the muffler there is this thing called a spark arrestor screen. if its not on the outside its on the inside where the muffler connects to the engine. homelites dont like to run if they are any kind of junked up so to speak. hold it with a pair of plyers and take a butane torch or even a regular lighter and get the screen red hot and all the carbon will burn off. just dont melt the screen its only thin.