Export thread

Holy #### it's hot

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

The dog days of summer are upon us. Saturday looks to be 105 in the NE Texas area and DFW.

101f today.
102f tomorrow.
105f Saturday.....

I don't know about you guys. But I just can't take this heat like I used to.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

I couldn't take the heat when i was 18. Now at 63 and medicine that makes me hypersensitive to the sun i don't work in the sun unless i have to. Wife says it makes me grouchier than my normal turd self. I am the guy that shovels snow in shorts and a t shirt as long as the wind isn't blowing and i still sweat like a pig.

wrldtvlr

wrldtvlr

I spent a lot of time in Phoenix and never got over walking out of a restaurant after 10PM and still having the outside temp be above 100. The standing joke was that it was a dry heat. Joke because that was only true until all the watered golf courses were built and easterners put in irrigated blue grass lawns. Now the humidity is almost no different than Houston.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

It's a dry heat in an oven too but it still cooks a turkey.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

It's a dry heat in an oven too but it still cooks a turkey.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA... That's a no-shitter.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I'm 40 miles north of houston, Humidity is awful, when you sweat, there is NO evaporation, and when you try to focus on something it's hard with sweat in your eyes and dropping off your nose.

wrldtvlr

wrldtvlr

I'm 40 miles north of houston, Humidity is awful, when you sweat, there is NO evaporation, and when you try to focus on something it's hard with sweat in your eyes and dropping off your nose.
And messing up your glasses!

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

And messing up your glasses!
My eyes are 20/20... ;)

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

My eyes are 20/20... ;)
I hate you says the guy who had 20/400 vision. Has had radial keratotamy surgery and cataract surgery in both eyes.

tom3

tom3

Not far behind you with these eyes. Took basic training in Ft. Jackson South Carolina in July and August way back when. Tolerable when you're 19 but that first day would kill me now in that place. Kind of a toss up for me which is worse, winter cold or summer heat here.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I hate you says the guy who had 20/400 vision. Has had radial keratotamy surgery and cataract surgery in both eyes.
Haters gonna hate :p;)

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Kind of makes you wonder why bandanas went out of style.

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Haters gonna hate :p;)

I despise haters...... :rolleyes:

Mower King

Mower King

I almost feel sorry for you guys......our shop has central A/C

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

My little 24x24 building has no AC but a blower from an old furnace and a Hazard Fraught fan makes things tolerable. What gets me is the humidity.

B

bogdaN

Ok,i,am here i Florida and like they say you go outside and take 2 minutes to start to sweat.Dan

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

At this shop, my bay doors face south. The office and waiting room are in the middle. And the tire shop is on the west side of the building, with their 3 bay doors face west.The original roof, over my side is now covered with a metal roof. The tire shop only has the metal roof with no insulation.
During the day and especially the afternoon, it's 15 to 20 degree's hotter on the tire shop side.

My ultrasonic cleaner water temp, when its on during the day, reads about 86.Plus I have a big shop fan. So it's not too bad. But stepping out into the sun, makes me feel like a vampire.

After 3pm, it's incredible.

G

gainestruk

In 2013 I had a heat stroke at work while driving a cement mixer, to this day I can't be in heat more than about an hour, the doctor told me then I was in danger of another heat stroke and would be for rest of my life, he sure was right, I start getting dizzy and sick to my stomach if I'm out more than an hour or 2 if temp is over 90.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

In 2013 I had a heat stroke at work while driving a cement mixer, to this day I can't be in heat more than about an hour, the doctor told me then I was in danger of another heat stroke and would be for rest of my life, he sure was right, I start getting dizzy and sick to my stomach if I'm out more than an hour or 2 if temp is over 90.
I feel ya brother!

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

At this shop, my bay doors face south. The office and waiting room are in the middle. And the tire shop is on the west side of the building, with their 3 bay doors face west.The original roof, over my side is now covered with a metal roof. The tire shop only has the metal roof with no insulation.
During the day and especially the afternoon, it's 15 to 20 degree's hotter on the tire shop side.

My ultrasonic cleaner water temp, when its on during the day, reads about 86.Plus I have a big shop fan. So it's not too bad. But stepping out into the sun, makes me feel like a vampire.

After 3pm, it's incredible.
My sister used to live in Phoenix with her first exhusband who worked for the cable TV company as a pole climber. He said working in the sun on a pole was like being the marshmallow on the end of a stick in a campfire. A car in Phoenix is just a mobile Kenner Easy Bake oven. But it's a dry heat. Yeah.

H

HarmonySeeker

Kind of makes you wonder why bandanas went out of style.
Sad to say for most folks, a 'bandana' went out of style when it was re-named 'dew rag'. I'll stop there.......

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

My sister used to live in Phoenix with her first exhusband who worked for the cable TV company as a pole climber. He said working in the sun on a pole was like being the marshmallow on the end of a stick in a campfire. A car in Phoenix is just a mobile Kenner Easy Bake oven. But it's a dry heat. Yeah.

My mom used to work at a little shopping center in east Texas. And the women who worked at her store and others, used to bake a sort of stuff in their cars. I remember the bus would let me off at her store (because our house was like 2 blocks away. And walking out back, into the parking lot, I used to look to see who and what was baking. lol

Glad you brought that up. Id forgotten all about that.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

Texas, one of the few, if not, only place you can get 110° in the summer and 16° and ice in the winter..
The coldest I can remember here in Conroe is °16F and didn't get above 28 all day.
My parent's remember in '89 it got down to 9°F .....

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

Texas, one of the few, if not, only place you can get 110° in the summer and 16° and ice in the winter..
The coldest I can remember here in Conroe is °16F and didn't get above 28 all day.
My parent's remember in '89 it got down to 9°F .....

I'm a little ways north of Conroe, seems I remember it getting either 0f or close to it many years ago, up here close to Tyler.

I remember even more in 1980, I was working with my dad in his tree service business. I was like 10yrs old. It was close to and over 110 for like 2 weeks straight.

The problem with Dallas (and east texas where I live now) we get a lot of moisture from the gulf. So heat plus humidity, just makes the breeze blow hot.

H

HarmonySeeker

I'm a little ways north of Conroe, seems I remember it getting either 0f or close to it many years ago, up here close to Tyler.

I remember even more in 1980, I was working with my dad in his tree service business. I was like 10yrs old. It was close to and over 110 for like 2 weeks straight.

The problem with Dallas (and east texas where I live now) we get a lot of moisture from the gulf. So heat plus humidity, just makes the breeze blow hot.
I was working in Bay City, Texas, that summer helping to build the South Texas Nuclear Power Plant. Working in a big steel box that cooled the steam from the turbines as a boilermaker. My gold hat, Bob Winters, was a good ol' Texan with a pant leg in his boot and a fine southern drawl. Even walked like he just got off a horse.

4getgto

4getgto

Fan-Melting.jpg

Mower King

Mower King

its HOT outside.jpg

PTmowerMech

PTmowerMech

So I cranked my pick up the other day, it was about 5pm. As soon as I turned on the AC, I could've sworn I heard it say, "Oh hale naw."