Help with ZTR

Y NO RUM

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm being offered a Husqvarna Z460 for $6250 OTD or a Hustler Raptor XDX 54 for $5300 OTD. I'll be mowing about 2.5 acres for my own personal use, slight incline the whole way from front to back of yard. This will be my first ZTR but not my first experience will how they operate. Am I over thinking this for residential use and should just save the extra money and 200 lbs, or should I try harder to convince the wife that we should get the Husqvarna? My wife wants to learn to use it to mow also so she can pick up that chore sometimes. The Husqvarna has the Parker HTE10 and the Hustler has the Hydro Gear ZT-3100. Please don't offer other suggestions, I'm getting one of these 2 mowers as they are available local and that's it. Thanks for any input.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Parker has an internal oil filter and what they call service for life oil. The Hydro-Gear has an external screw on oil filter and designed to have the oil and filter changes on a regular basis. Also the Hydro-Gear is a more common unit for parts availability.