Mower deck Help In Leveling Mower Deck

bubl8015

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi I have a question regarding trying to level my Husqvarna Riding Mower Deck. It is a YTH22V46 model and I appear to have it level but I have some concerns.

Ok: So looking at the unit from behind, the high & low lever is on the left fender. Numbers range from 1 (lowest) to 6 (highest). I went to level the deck from directions and YOU TUBE from 6 (highest) setting. Now at that setting the blades above 4"+- I want to make the numbers on fender match the height of grass I want in my yard (if possible) so setting 1 - is 1" - 2 is 2" etc. The adjustment nut is on the left side only - so from reading, once you get it leveled side to side - it should be good to go. The adjustment nut up front on deck adjusts the front to back - and from reading you were suppose have front higher than back .
When I put the unit to 4 - the blades are 3" high - if I go to 3, they are in the 2 3/4 range - - any lower I butcher my yard. The plastic wheels on the deck I put down to the lowest hole (4 choices) so if I did drop the deck down it wouldn't gouge my yard. When i got the mower new they were in top holes I assumed was for transport only.
I guess I am asking is this ok - should I adjust it differently? Can someone tell me the right procedure? Do I adjust it in the 6 setting or drop it 3 and get that set at 3" and will be level ok? Should the plastic wheels be where i have them or should I change them - any help I would greatly appreciate.. Dave

Tater

Threads
The adjustment nut up front on deck adjusts the front to back - and from reading you were suppose have front higher than back .
Dave
Don't know anything about the other questions, but I like to have my front about 1/4" lower than the back, that way I am not cutting the grass 2 times, if that makes sense...
FOB---Have a good one...Tater...

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hi I have a question regarding trying to level my Husqvarna Riding Mower Deck. It is a YTH22V46 model and I appear to have it level but I have some concerns. Ok: So looking at the unit from behind, the high & low lever is on the left fender. Numbers range from 1 (lowest) to 6 (highest). I went to level the deck from directions and YOU TUBE from 6 (highest) setting. Now at that setting the blades above 4"+- I want to make the numbers on fender match the height of grass I want in my yard (if possible) so setting 1 - is 1" - 2 is 2" etc. The adjustment nut is on the left side only - so from reading, once you get it leveled side to side - it should be good to go. The adjustment nut up front on deck adjusts the front to back - and from reading you were suppose have front higher than back . When I put the unit to 4 - the blades are 3" high - if I go to 3, they are in the 2 3/4 range - - any lower I butcher my yard. The plastic wheels on the deck I put down to the lowest hole (4 choices) so if I did drop the deck down it wouldn't gouge my yard. When i got the mower new they were in top holes I assumed was for transport only. I guess I am asking is this ok - should I adjust it differently? Can someone tell me the right procedure? Do I adjust it in the 6 setting or drop it 3 and get that set at 3" and will be level ok? Should the plastic wheels be where i have them or should I change them - any help I would greatly appreciate.. Dave

Ok first thing if the front is lower you only cut the grass once.
By healing the deck ( back lower then front )
You will get a better cut.

Set the deck to the height you like to cut your grass at.
Level side to side then front to back.

Anti scalp wheels should almost touch the ground. You don't want them riding on the ground all the time. Just get them around 1/4 inch from the ground.

Don't forget to make sure all tires have the same psi.
After you level front to back recheck the side to side.

ernval

Forum Newbie
Threads
i am trying to level my deck, the left side needs to go up about 1/2" but i have no more thread for adjustment. any ideas out there.

thanks

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
i am trying to level my deck, the left side needs to go up about 1/2" but i have no more thread for adjustment. any ideas out there. thanks

Do all tires have the proper psi?
Is anything bent?
Lower the right side a 1/4 inch.
Make sure the mower is on flat ground.
Measure from the blades not the deck.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi I have a question regarding trying to level my Husqvarna Riding Mower Deck. It is a YTH22V46 model and I appear to have it level but I have some concerns.

Ok: So looking at the unit from behind, the high & low lever is on the left fender. Numbers range from 1 (lowest) to 6 (highest). I went to level the deck from directions and YOU TUBE from 6 (highest) setting. Now at that setting the blades above 4"+- I want to make the numbers on fender match the height of grass I want in my yard (if possible) so setting 1 - is 1" - 2 is 2" etc. The adjustment nut is on the left side only - so from reading, once you get it leveled side to side - it should be good to go. The adjustment nut up front on deck adjusts the front to back - and from reading you were suppose have front higher than back .
When I put the unit to 4 - the blades are 3" high - if I go to 3, they are in the 2 3/4 range - - any lower I butcher my yard. The plastic wheels on the deck I put down to the lowest hole (4 choices) so if I did drop the deck down it wouldn't gouge my yard. When i got the mower new they were in top holes I assumed was for transport only.
I guess I am asking is this ok - should I adjust it differently? Can someone tell me the right procedure? Do I adjust it in the 6 setting or drop it 3 and get that set at 3" and will be level ok? Should the plastic wheels be where i have them or should I change them - any help I would greatly appreciate.. Dave

Simple

Re-label the numbers on the fender and quit worrying about things that don't need be worried about.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
i am trying to level my deck, the left side needs to go up about 1/2" but i have no more thread for adjustment. any ideas out there.

thanks
When the deck can't be leveled following the procedure in the owner/operator's manual there is another problem or problems.

ernval

Forum Newbie
Threads
how do you lower the right side?