help gas leak

Free Range

Threads
I just "rebuilt" the carb, first time I ever rebuilt a carb, so who knows what I did, cleaned it up, replaced the needle, and bowl gasket along with the two adjustment needles. Slapped it back on and had it running pretty fair, now about a week later I go out put some more gas in the tank and this.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The needle is not cutting off the fuel supply.
Not famiiar with that particular carb but most Tecumseh carbs have a replaeable seat and you replace both the seat and the needle at the same time.
You are also missing the bottom bolt from the exhaust headder pipe.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not familiar with style carburetor, either, but that leak looks to be coming from far above the float chamber. You might want to check your cylinder and crankcase to make sure they haven't gotten filled with gas before you try to start it.

I think about the only thing that could cause this is a defective needle or seat.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes definitely the gas will have found its way into the cylinder and mostlikely the crank as well.
So plug out and a few stiff pulls with the magneto earthed out so you do not get a spark.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like you might of had a little dirt in the fuel. Something of that nature is holding your new needle valve open.

Free Range

Threads
Thanks, I will take it apart again and see if the needle is stuck or something.