Help From Murray Collectors

Jimmyjo

Threads
I've always wanted to find what some call the bug eyed Murray. Found one for sale today,its a 13hp 40inch cut red in color. Don't know to much about these like how old they are. My question is the owner is asking 500. for it with new belts,battery and tune up. It looks to be in nice shape. I think the price seems high or are these that rare to bring this much? I'm not to interested in mowing with it just would like it for an odd cute little collector tractor to do run around jobs.

metz12

Threads
check for rust and stuff. normally on the back plate of the tractor (behind the 2 rear wheels) there is usually alot of rust there. and if its a briggs then you should be alright.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
To me that sounds a bit high. In my part of the country they would go for about $325-450, depending on condition. Things I would check. First, deck and lift brackets, looking for signs of rust and spindles, plus do the brackets move smoothly. Second, tires and rims, are the tire sidewalks smooth or cracked? Do the rims slide easily on the axle, or is it tight? Tight bad. Third, remove the battery and holder if it has one. This is an area where most owners don't keep clean and will show signs of corrosion.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've always wanted to find what some call the bug eyed Murray. Found one for sale today,its a 13hp 40inch cut red in color. Don't know to much about these like how old they are. My question is the owner is asking 500. for it with new belts,battery and tune up. It looks to be in nice shape. I think the price seems high or are these that rare to bring this much? I'm not to interested in mowing with it just would like it for an odd cute little collector tractor to do run around jobs.

This is a $300 mower. But with new belts $60
New battery $40. Tune up - spark plug $2 air filter $11.
The frame is the best out of all riding mowers
It should have a cast front axle
Look for rust under the battery
$500 is a little to much but if you can verify that he has put the new parts on it I would start at $350 but not more than $400

(( cowboy up and get over it ))