Help finding a John Deere sending unit

eain murphy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got a 2003 X485 where the fuel sending unit crapped the bed. Checked the guage and it is working correctly. Pulled the sending unit/pump assembly and sure enough the sender contact board is worn down beyond repair. The part number is AM132755 but it is now obsolete and there are no other John Deere offered alternatives.. A call to John Deere told me I could update to a newer internal tube designed fuel sending unit with pump but it is not compatible with my current fuel tank so I would need to buy a new fuel tank also!!! To be honest, I only really need the contact board for the sending unit as I could swap them out but I can't even find any other options. Hoping this forum may be able to throw me some hints as to how to get this sorted.
Cheers,
Eain

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the board to an electronics repair workshop
Work out what the full shooting match would cost you then ask them if it can be repaired for less than 1/3 to 1/2 the work around costs .
If you have trouble finding one search circuit board repairs .
Lots of techs out there repairing obsolete boards but they expect to get paid what their time & expertease is worth