Export thread

Hello all!

W

willienye@gmail.com

Hi, My name is Dale. I have a Honda Harmony 2013 HDA lawn tractor that I purchased new in 1998. Every time I think its time to put it down, I find a way to fix it and keep it running. It has been leaking hydrostatic fluid lately and finally stopped moving. I took it a part to find that an oil seal is the culprit. I think. I'm waiting for the part to come in and will see if that takes care of it. If not, I plan to buy a Cub Cadet to replace it. I have not put hardly any money into this Honda not even a belt and unfortunately, they do not make these little tractors anymore. To replace the 3.28 quarts of hydrostatic fluid after the seal installation, I plan on using SAE 30 non detergent motor oil or regular hydraulic oil ($14) instead of the Honda hydrostatic fluid because the cost is about $40 plus and I'm not 100% sure the seal will fix the problem. If anyone has experience with that I will welcome the advice. Anyway, I look forward to getting a new Cub Cadet if the seal does not work but will be sorry to say farewell to the faithful little Honda.

Catherine

Catherine

Hi Dale.

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move this thread over to our Honda section.

J

jp1961

Hi Dale,

I can't speak for the Honda riding tractors, but Robert (a Honda employee), says not to use a non Honda hydraulic fluid in their walk behind hydrostatic transmissions.

40 dollars doesn't sound like a lot, for the Honda, being the Cub Cadet probably isn't built nearly as well.

You could go to a Tractor Supply store to see if they sell hydro fluid that lists Honda compatibility on the label. Their Universal Hydrostatic Fluid doesn't list Honda on the label.

Regards

Jeff