Export thread

Has anyone ever thought of a movie?

T

touree

Nowadays, we see movies themed around anything; a true story, a basketball star, music and even farming.

I was kinda wondering if anyone has ever thought of making a movie centering around a lawnmower and what sort of plot it would follow...:biggrin:

K

KennyV

I hope you are not thinking of... The Lawnmower Man...1992...
A VERY cheezzy movie that was so bad, Stephen King sued to have his name removed from the movie...
:smile:KennyV

M

monica123

Seriously? He sued to have his name removed? Which one was Lawnmower Man? All I can think about is Edward Scissor hands, lol That was from the similar time period.

K

KennyV

Seriously? He sued to have his name removed? Which one was Lawnmower Man? All I can think about is Edward Scissor hands, lol That was from the similar time period.

Stephen King wrote a short by that name, the movie had nothing to do with his story , but they used his name trying to promote the movie...
It was a very bad movie.. this is a trailer from you tube...
YouTube - The Lawnmower Man trailer
:smile:KennyV

rmancini

rmancini

There was a movie a few years ago called "The Water Boy" starring Adam Sandler.
He drove to work on a riding lawnmower! Great flick!
Rich

A

abeja_reina_1989

I've never thought of it before, but there could be a crazy lawn mower that comes to life and runs of people. I think that would be really funny. That would be like a Stephen King movie hahaha:laughing:

Two-Stroke

Two-Stroke

There was Sling Blade (IMDB link) -- not a mower but a sling blade -- which is a garden tool like a Machete (Hey wait, that was this recent action comedy directed by Robert Rodriguez!).

Billy Bob Thornton (who wrote, directed and starred in Sling Blade) won an Oscar for Best Original Screenplay and was nominated for other categories. It's a fine film and launched his career.

adan

adan

Nowadays, we see movies themed around anything; a true story, a basketball star, music and even farming.

I was kinda wondering if anyone has ever thought of making a movie centering around a lawnmower and what sort of plot it would follow...:biggrin:

This question reminds me of brainstorming sessions. There is only one rule in brainstorming sessions. You find something crazy? Don't shoot it down. Let it fly.

So, let's let this fly. Movie about lawnmowers? I would imagine a cartoon movie about different kinds of mowers. They would hold lawn mowing races. Scene would be the lawns of the different plush homes of Beverly Hills :) In this movie, the reel mower wins, end of story . . . hahaha :)

A

abeja_reina_1989

I didn't read the conversation above the other day, but I did get a chance to check out that YouTube video of that "Stephen King" movie. Oh my gosh! I would sue to get my name off that thing too! lol A part of me wants to watch it out of curiosity though.

A

AndyMan

How about "The Little Lawnmower That Could" about a lawnmower who races around under the shade trees in the autumn trying to mulch up all the leaves that fall. Good themes there with persistence and patience...

M

mois25

Stephen King must have been furious, lol. I like the idea about the brainstorming sessions. Which makes me imagine a horror movie about a lawn movie that goes around mowing people's lawns and haunting them :laughing:

C

cubby

I kinda like the cartoon idea, they could call it " Teenage mower turtles".

also caddyshack was a good lawn movie.