Harder steel mower blades?

indypower

Threads
Ask your dealer if he can get FUSION blades. They stay sharp longer.

jet62095

Threads
Check out meg-mo blades http://www.meg-mo.com/

View attachment 30

They work great and actually lift higher and throw farther - I have an extra set of knives and sharpen them while the 2nd set is on the disc. be sure to use thread lock on the knife fasteners. They aren't cheap, but work great. (no I don't work for them and don't get any $ from them).:laughing:

How much did those run you? I'd love to get a set for my LTX 1040.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
The Meg Mo blades are a good idea on paper, and apparently will work on some systems. I got a set for my 6 foot ZTR did not work, the center set pushed grass down and gave a bad , bad cut:thumbdown:. Mr Megli is a good guy, tried to be helpful but still not working out. I now have (2) sets of 72 inch Meg MO that will not mow. They would do ok for rough cut work, but not a finish cut.
I suspect it has a problem with some side discharge decks, or maby larger decks. My machine is a commercial grade, over $30k diesel/cab ZTR mower, it flies with regular blades and will cut perfect with gator blades... but is no good with either set of Meg Mo. KennyV
By the way you can experiment with disc blades of various shapes on your 'meg mo circles'... just shop around for the correct length ... they hold an edge well.

Last edited:

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: the Meg-Mo Blades - They work GREAT on my VENTRAC -- both finish mowing and rough cut. I don't understand why they would not work on every mower, but I'm sure maybe some decks just won't handle the extra lift or something. Roy Megli (owner) megli@att.net {e-mail} could give you exact prices for your size and application. Roy is very helpful ! :thumbsup:

I know they have saved me a few times with rocks and other debris.

I don't want to sound like I do not believe some people may have a problem with these blades - I believe it - I just don't understand it !

Last edited: