Hard to find parts for Husqvarna LGT2654

jb59

Forum Newbie
Threads
Helping my father-in-law with his Husqvarna LGT2654 but am finding it hard to locate an in-line-fuel filter. He's nearly 90 yrs old and I'm far from a small-engine mechanic but I can read a owner's manual. Problem is I can't find the part #number in the owner's manual for the fuel filter. All it does is call it an in-line fuel filter. Took a picture of the filter and took that filter with me to the local hardware store but couldn't find one that matched. Lowe's wasn't any help either. Was curious if anyone in these forums may have had the same problem. Also, want to sharpen the blades but not sure if it's advisable to take the blades off or if it's possible to sharpen them without having to remove them from the mower. I read the manual and it said Special blade bolt is heat treated. I'm not entirely sure what that means.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Go to your local repair shop and get the filter for your engine, not the tractor. If you don't have any in your area an auto parts store should be able to help.

jb59

Forum Newbie
Threads
thank you. i guess you're right. that's the best sure-fire method i'm getting the correct one.